- I am energetic, honest, athletic, and enthusiastic.
- I grew up overseas.
- I was born in a carriage apartment at 29th and guadalupe. (it has since been torn down and replaced with apartments)
- I play the piano.
- I love jasmine tea. It is liquid inner peace.
- I own patent #6,155,906
- my dad calls me 'the accidental accountant'
- I love to run and want to do a 50 mile run in west texas in January. (I've never run a marathon-- I thought I'd skip that step)
- I don't have a tv but I do watch a few shows on my laptop
- People who know me have all heard this from me :"You are the boss of you" and "Don't tip-toe around life".
- I had a scooter that I loved but I had to get rid of it to pay quarterly sales tax 3 years ago. booo.
- My spanish apparently sounds like someone from the canary islands, though I've never been there.
- I recently installed insulation in the roof and put my knee through the ceiling doing so. Luckily it was in a closet so I haven't fixed it yet.
- I brew kombucha
- Hot yoga rocks my world
- I'm (finally) attempting to learn basic html
- I like to think about the co-employment relationship and umbrella corporations
- I love Marfa
I just put in a bunch of raised beds with veggies, an herb bed, fruit trees, a metal rain tank and an awesome metal fence. And chickens. One of our hens turned out to be a roster, but his name is still Gretchen.
It's very peaceful to sit in the hammock reading at sunset with the chickens scratching around.
I work most of the week outside of Austin which makes me really appreciate what an amazing place Austin is!!! At this job I do get to work with family, and this is what makes the job worth it. I will be working this job from Austin full time soon, but until then I commute. I just got set up with Audible (audio books) so at least I'll be absorbing some information during the drive. I'm excited.
My other job is a local biz in Austin that I started 5 years ago. I'm so lucky to work with an amazing group of people on this and we are about to launch our product line. On the weekends I'm coordinating launching the online store, copy for the site and labels, researching fda regulations for the labels, putting together contracts with our manufacturer, etc. It's ton of fun.
I'm not so great a slowing down and relaxing, but I'm working on that.
I'm looking for someone kind, confident, witty, intense, active, and intelligent. Confidence is not to be confused with taking yourself too seriously... Vanity, cigarettes, and dog allergies are :(. A happy hour margarita, fish tacos and a Sunday morning run are :). I love stimulating conversations. Teach me something new. Physically and intellectually active is an awesome combo. Saving the world is also a huge plus- who else is going to do it?
If I'm not out with friends, I'm at Epoch reading and/or working. Love it there.