The following are my top five character strengths as assessed by Happify.com. I feel they give a pretty accurate snapshot of me.
1. Humor - You like to laugh and tease. Bringing smiles to other people is important to you. You try to see the light side of all situations.
2. Kindness - You are kind and generous to others, and you are never too busy to do a favor. You enjoy doing good deeds for others, even if you do not know them well.
3. Love of Learning - You love learning new things, whether in a class or on your own. You have always loved school, reading, and museums; anywhere and everywhere there is an opportunity to learn.
4. Bravery - You are a courageous person who does not shrink from threat, challenge, difficulty, or pain. You speak up for what is right even if there is opposition. You act on your convictions.
5. Judgment - Thinking things through and examining them from all sides are important aspects of who you are. You do not jump to conclusions, and you rely on solid evidence to make your decisions. You are able to change your mind.
I come to this site seeking friendship, companionship, and (if things go well) romance. I am not a big fan of rushing into things in life to meet an arbitrary timeline (love and marriage by x age, kids by x age...that sort of thing). I much prefer to just be myself and take things a day at a time.
I think I have my life pretty well together, although I realize there is still plenty of room to grow and develop as a human being. I think it would be lovely to find someone to join me in that.
I'm at a crossroads. I have a lot of challenging decisions to make in terms of career and home life. On top of that, I'm seeking to find a special someone. So, lots of things are happening. It's an adventure!
Dating a Librarian - http://www.datingadvice.com/trending/3-ridiculous-misconceptions-about-dating-a-librarian
Who Should Pay On a First Date? - http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/sep/28/dating-rituals-men-pay-first-dates
Science and Dating - http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/30/science/for-couples-time-can-upend-the-laws-of-attraction.html?WT.mc_id=2015-KWP-AUD_DEV&WT.mc_ev=click&ad-keywords=AUDDEVREMARK&kwp_0=22764&kwp_4=156255&kwp_1=163878&_r=0
Self Esteem - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMf8xa__d9o
Metaphysical List: family, friends, pets, music, the written word, access to information
- You are a fan of intelligent conversation, as well as random silliness (that's a plus, too).
- You don't just make the reference to meeting new friends, you actually hope to make new friends on this site.
- You have no preconceived notions of what will happen if you message me, you just feel like it and do it.