My long term "plan" is to take what I learn/earn and do something less corporate with it. Something humanitarian, and playfully disruptive... I hope to know it when I see it.
I love to support (donating time, thought and passion to) the projects and schemes of those close to me - if you have some, let me help!
Here: he's using his real name... what's that about?
I know anonymous would be less anomalous - especially on a dating site, where I see the point of indirection shields. But I've always valued reality online. My contact details are at http://anthonybailey.net and you are welcome to use them.
* Comics, from web to paper: Andrew Hussie, Randall Munroe, Scott McCloud, Neil Gaiman.
* TV, alliteratively: Buffy, Babylon 5, and Bojack Horseman; Curb and Community; Green Wing and Gilmore Girls; West Wing and the Wire.
* Film, a single feature: Wings Of Desire.
* Music, progressively obscure: Hendrix, Pulp, My Bloody Valentine, Cocteau Twins, Throwing Muses, Ulrich Schnauss, Bark Psychosis.
* Games: Portal, SpaceChem, Darwinia, chess.
* Food: potatoes, cumin, pickles, dolma, lime, ginger
Omitted: the other 90% of the great 10%, especially that one you know about and I don't yet. If you're stuck for an opening angle, I love to discuss all that we consume.
Themes I return to: people, thinking itself, what art we like and why, and the digital future.
A guess as to whether we'll work well: you like to think and to share ideas; your sense of humor is dry and dark, but you have a huge heart and zero hatred; and to balance my calm, maybe you have energy and aims and adventures. But my theories often miss: surprise me with a completely different fit.
I'm not on any A-list, so I probably won't know if you just click 'Like'. Say "hello" instead.
What I want from a message: just a note of potential interest, there is no need to audition or essay. I treat a dating site as a useful first filter, not as a courtship platform. If we read each other's profiles (and explained answers - I value those) and swap "yeah, maybe" messages, then my preferred next step is to meet up and talk for real over coffee, a meal, et cetera.