I'm a bit geeky, but I also enjoy meeting new people, trying new things, and generally getting out in the world, and I'm always looking for an adventuring companion.
This is where I note that I am a strong believer in equal rights, feminism, closing the rich-poor divide, and anything that involves not being a dick to people. I'm more focussed on interesting debates than ideological yelling matches, but if you are socially conservative we likely won't make a very good match.
Anyway, if you are one for interesting conversation, dry humour, or flights of fancy, we'll likely get along famously. It's an absolute pleasure to meet you.
P.S. I seem to be the ENFP personality type, according to the personality test that everyone on this site seems to have attached to their profile.
When I'm not doing that, I try to save some money, do some research for the book that I'm writing, and trying to fit my some sleep in occasionally.
Aside from that, I'm saving for a trip to Europe, heading out on adventures when finances permit it, and enjoying all that the Inner West has to offer.
Dancing in random locations.
Becoming close friends with people I have just met.
Looking somewhat presentable.
I used to have a simple answer, then I removed my dermal piercings. Who knew looking relatively normal could be so complicated?
Anything with an interesting premise, or stupid action movies if I'm just trying to kill time.
Currently, Game of Thrones. Everything else seems to be on break.
Jim Butcher, Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett (RIP).
Depending on my mood I'll listen to pretty much anything, but at the moment I'm listening to a lot of post rock, electro swing, jazz, and some relatively mainstream dance music.
-Mexican (more accurately, Tex-Mex)
Role-playing games, mostly, along with some DOTA2 and RTS/Indie games when I get the time.
- The opportunity to meet new people.
- Random adventures.
- Collapsing into bed after said random adventures.
- The amazing people in my life.
1) Earth, Fire, Wind, Water, Heart and Captain Planet.
2) Bulbasaur, Piplup, Cyndaquil, Jolteon, Cubone and Pidgeot.
- "If I ever become a teacher, would starting my first lesson with 'There will be no foolish wand waving or silly incantations in this class' make me the best teacher ever?"
- "Maybe I can open a traditional English pub called the 'Ox & Moron'."
- "If the universe has existed for 13.75 billion years, how lucky am I to have met the awesome people in my life?"
- "If I acquired a group of teacup giraffes and teacup zebras, could I run a mini safari in my back yard?"
- Drinking with workmates.
- Drinking with friends.
- Wandering around the streets of Sydney.
- Eating cheap food in Chinatown.
- Dancing at a club or pub.
- Dancing in the street or bus stop.
- Dancing in my room by myself.
- Going to a gig, or traveling somewhere to visit a friend.
- Finding somewhere quiet and doing some writing.
Time slowed down when I tripped, and I had a conversation with myself:
O1: "Okay, Owen? You know that if you put your arms out to break your fall and break something, you'll be the guy who broke his arm on the first day of university forever."
O2: "Yeah, we don't want that, do we? I'd best just not do anything, maybe the problem will go away if we just ignore it."
So my entire class watched me hit the ground face first without even trying to stop myself.
O1: Hahaha, I can't believe you did that!
My brain can be a bit of a dick.