- I had open heart surgery a year ago in February. I was prepping for a big gnarly scar, but fortunately (or unfortunately -depending on how you look at it) they made it freakishly small.
- I've discovered in recent years that I don't like dogs. I feel like everyone should like dogs, but most have too much nervous energy. And I have too much nervous energy. And that is far too much nervous energy to go around.
- I don't cook. I've been told I should like to cook, because I'm "creative." But I do like to eat. So, I think I would be a good match for someone who likes to cook.
- I've been told I look *much* younger than I am. Recently at a restaurant I was ID'd getting a beer…with lunch. I don't know why the lunch part makes it worse. But it does.
- I used to work as a psychotherapist and I feel an obligation to tell people that, so they will know that I can (and will) read their minds.
- I'm very liberal. Like, super liberal.
- I used to draw and paint, but haven't made much time for it recently. I think I'm going to try and force myself.
- I can be quite jumpy and am easily embarrassed.
- I am much more comfortable one-on-one or in small groups.
- I lived in San Diego for a few years, a few years ago. I miss it and I don't know if I'll ever go back (to live). But it will always be my second home.
- protesting sleep
- making halloween costumes
- guessing people's weight (Ok, I only did that once.)
Movies and music: Yes to both.
Food: LOVE most food, particularly sweets and breakfast food. Bacon and chocolate make me happy, separately or together.
- my FAMILY
- close friends
- my phone/camera
- some sort of creative outlet
I mean, I get it. This whole thing is awkward. You could spend 5 min drafting a message and then the person might not reply. But if you want someone to respond, putting out a microscopic amount of effort usually helps. I mean, how is one supposed to respond to "hi" anyway?
See, it's just not good. The only other thing that might be worse is "what's up?"
You are over 25, preferably over 30.
You are not vegan…unless you don't mind other people eating meat.
You are not an over-exerciser…unless you don't mind people who aren't.
You are not conservative or misogynistic…unless you want a karate chop to the neck.