I'm brand new to the West Coast! Trying to figure this whole San Francisco scene out. Tell me what I can't miss!
Things I used to do:
- Try way too hard in school.
- Aerial Photography
- Americorp volunteer in the icy* wilderness of Alaska (where I punched a moose in the face!)**
Things I do now:
- Recently moved into a career in tech!
- Listen to an excessive number of podcasts.
- Continue to use a serial comma before the conjunction "and" in a list of three or more items, even if it is supposedly no longer a requirement.
- Learned how to play ice hockey last year.
I am carbon based, quick, and a stealth nerd
I prefer two wheeled transportation to the four wheeled variety. Unless we're talking Segways... in which case I'll just walk.
* It was summer so it wasn't so icy
** Disclaimer: I did not actually punch a moose in the face nor do I condone moose face punching. Moose are massive, ornery creatures and should be treated with the utmost respect.
-Taking things apart.
I'm somewhat good at:
-Putting things back together again
Music: Generally in the Rock vein, toward the punk side, though my music library is fairly schizo. Recently discovered that I sometimes enjoy the Parliament Funkadelic. Only about 35 years behind the times.
Movies: Good SciFi. Horror. Mel Brooks.
Random titles of movies I like in the order they come to me: Best in show, The Flying Scotsman, Mad Max, Se7en, Volver, Reservoir Dogs, 12 Monkeys, Shawshank Redemption, Office Space, The Usual Suspects, Arrested Development (I know it's not a movie, but it is awesome. Don't you judge me for mixing categories!), oh, and Top Gear
Books: Joe Haldeman, Robert Heinlein, Stephen King, science books that dumb down the content to the point where someone with two semesters of college physics or less can understand the general concepts (ie. Death by Black Hole by Neil Degrasse Tyson)
-a bicycle (preferably 2)
-assorted hand tools
-random quotes from movies, music, stand up. Appropriate or otherwise.
-strong nuclear force
No, but seriously, when I'm alone in my apartment I shamelessly air guitar.