Unabridged: I moved to Portland after a childhood on a rural organic veggie farm in northern California ( Humboldt- if you know the area, we actually grew vegetables) and a young adulthood along the border in San Diego. I did the whole college thing down there, have a degree in don't use much. I am committed to never making more humans, and hence had a vasectomy a couple years ago.
I practice non-monogamy. Currently I am regularly seeing one person that lives in Portland, but they are away for the summer. I am very honest about my life with those that share it with me; sometimes my partners know each other, one time they were dating as well. I always discuss what the rules may be between myself and my partners and do not make or accept rules I intend to not follow.
I have changed a lot as a person since I started this profile many years back. I feel the name I picked for it, "attempting Life", no longer applies as it did- then I felt like I was trying to live without actually succeeding, now I feel that I continuously succeed at creating a very fulfilling existence that I will be able to look back at from my death bed ( assuming I die in a bed, rather than from an exploding helicopter or somesuch) and say "damn, that was awesome."
Veramente, non uso il mio italiano sufficente per fare questo in un manerisma inteligente. Ma, si parli meglio d'io, vorrei molto avere l'opportunita practicare con voi. Cucino un po di pasta fresca (non compro la pasta, uso uova y farina, faccio tutto da niente), compro un po di vino (si vorriste), ed facceremo una bella cena! Si vorriste parlare, sarei fare quello con vuoi!
I play music with a few different groups and hope one of them will do some touring soon.
I try to find some time for drawing. I also would like to go out dancing more, especially of the ballroom/ salsa/ tango/ waltz variety.
As far as work? Lots of random things but mainly letting science stab me with needles and see what happens.
che' quasi niente que non posso esistere sensa, ma che molte cose che non vorrei esistere per troppo tempo sensa.
I often am thinking about ways to make my house better.
Also, I worry about overpopulation and overpollution, and what could be done on a morally conscious level to bring that down some. Currently for me, that means never EVER creating a kid. Not that I'm against raising one eventually, just not mine. I am in the process of getting a solar array installed on my house. I'm partly freegan, so that helps reduce my environmental footprint as well. I also ride my bike and public transit to get places as much as makes sense.
1. I do the freegan thing. This means I get some of my groceries out of dumpsters, and then make delicious meals based on what I can find. Still buy some stuff ( I've only found alcohol in the dumpster six or twenty times so far). I do this both because I am in touch with the fact that I don't make much money and would rather spend it on fun things that I cannot find in dumpsters, as well as lower carbon footprint. Plus, I don't have to feel guilty about eating fillet mignon if it was going to go to waste.
2. I will never be able to make a baby with you. I had a vasectomy in 2013. In my opinion, there are simply too many other mouths on the planet already; making more people seems selfish and mean; in my opinion the likelihood of an economic, environmental, and social collapse during the lifespan of anyone created now is high. If you really feel the need to be a parent, please consider adoption!! I am, in the longterm scheme of things.
4. I like the concept of and often practice non-monogamy. I will not limit myself from the possibility of relationships with others unless I think there is a highly probable chance that I would want to spend a loooooong, infinitish time dating you.
5. I am a type 1 diabetic. This affects my ability to participate in some activities, such as hallucinogenic recreational drugs or hiking for months without coming in to society.
1. You're a woman/ someone female-bodied and think we might hit it off ( I have dated several alt-gendered people, but have never been into someone who did not have a vagina).
2. You want to play some music- I'm usually down to jam.
3. You want to be paid in booze to help me construct my house.
4. You want to give me lots and lots of money for no apparent reason or some reason I might be all right with.
5. You want to complain about having read such a long profile and ask for that time in your life back in the form of massages or a song.