1. I’ll always do my best to brighten up your day.
2. I’m a hopeful romantic.
3. Your friends will think I’m cute.
4. I’ll be your best friend, but I won’t resent your old friends (including your guy friends).
5. You’ll always get to lick the spatula.
6. I'll love your cat (or ferret).
7. My two adorable Collie pups need a "mom."
8. I'll cover you up and kiss your forehead when you fall asleep watching TV on.
9. I own my own tux and look sharp in it (so I’ve been told), but I’m much more comfortable in jeans and a t-shirt.
10. I'll kiss you goodnight even when I'm mad at you.
11. I'll make you laugh all the time.
12. I have great taste in music.
13. If you start hanging out with me, you will wind up going to more concerts than you could ever have imagined.
14. Your mom will like me.
15. I will support your job and career goals.
16. I’m a great listener.
17. I give good advice.
18. Hopefully you’ll never need it, but I give good legal advice, and you would get it at a steep discount. ;-)
19. I will brag about you and your accomplishments.
20. I will reflect well on you; you will reflect well on me; and we will reflect well on each other.
21. People seem to think I’m smart.
22. I’m good at solving problems.
23. I have worked long and hard to achieve a national and international reputation in my chosen field.
24. By many measures of education and accomplishments, I am in the top 1%, but I think you will still find me kind, generous, giving and unassuming.
25. It’s been a while since I was in school, but my education has never ended.
26. I’m naturally inquisitive.
27. I’m passionate about most things in life, including my career.
28. I’m good at trivia, particularly music trivia.
29. I have two fast cars that are fun to drive, and I’ll be OK with letting you drive them (just not on the first date).
30. I'll send you cute text messages and e-mails during the work week, just to let you know that I’m thinking about you.
31. There won’t be anything we can’t tell each other.
32. I have strong nerd-like tendencies.
33. I’ll love to hold your hand in public (and in private too).
34. I’m seeking a committed, exclusive relationship, but I know that won’t happen overnight.
35. I love to travel, but it’s been years since I had someone whom I enjoyed traveling with.
36. I have a demanding career and I tend to work long hours, but I will make time to be with you and to do things together that are important to you.
37. I'm good at killing spiders, even when they’re as big as a Buick (props to Woody Allen).
38. I know and can explain the proper usage of “there,” “they're” and “their,” as well as “to,” “too” and “two,” not to mention “affect” and “effect.”
39. I’ll pique your interest, and can spell “pique” correctly.
40. I'll bring you chicken noodle soup and offer to rub your feet when you're sick.
41. I’ll hold your hair back while you're throwing up.
42. I genuinely like many chick flicks, and won’t make a big deal about watching them with you.
43. I’ll vote for your favorite contestant on “American Idol.”
44. We can watch cheesy reality shows together and laugh at each other’s catty remarks.
45. I don't smoke or do drugs.
46. I drink socially, and I’ve only been drunk once – back in college when I got dumped in a particularly painful and public way.
47. Because I’m such a total nerd, I wrote a story about the experience for my creative writing class – got an A on it too! I’m sure I’d be mortified if I had to read it now, but that’s me, transforming my pain into art (Well, kinda, sorta, you know what I mean).
48. I'll let you beat me at foosball, air hockey and ping pong (sometimes).
49. You’ll want to challenge me to a game of strip poker, just so you can deliberately lose. (I call that a win-win situation.)
50. I'll have your back.
51. I'll get butterflies every time you look at me.
52. I won't ever forget your birthday or any of our anniversaries (first date, first kiss, etc.).
53. I'll always give you space to spend time with your friends and to do your own things.
54. I love great conversation, including conversations that somehow start and the next thing you know it’s 6 in the morning.
55. My kisses will leave you breathless.
56. I'll laugh at all of your jokes, my love you’ll never need to coax (props to Rod Stewart).
57. I won't ever let you leave without kissing you goodbye.
58. I'll help you find your car keys, cell phone, purse, whatever else you’ve managed to misplace.
59. I can quote all the best lines from “This is Spinal Tap.”
60. I think “Casablanca” is the most romantic movie ever made, but, as a dark horse pick, I have a weakness for Michael Mann’s “Last of the Mohicans."
61. "Bull Durham" too, and, yes, I believe in long, slow, deep, soft, wet kisses that last three days - and, of course, "Say Anything," for you I could be Lloyd Dobler (John Cusack) holding up a giant boombox. ;-)
62. Most romantic song ever? That seems much more difficult, but I think it would be hard to go wrong with “God Only Knows,” "In Your Eyes" (see the preceding reason), or, as a dark horse pick, I’m partial to “My Funny Valentine” (particularly the Elvis Costello version) - maybe if I had a drink or two or three, I might be persuaded to sing it to you on Feb. 14th. ;-)
63. I’m a gentleman - unless the situation calls for otherwise.
64. It will get better every time, every time.
65. If you fall I will catch you, I will be waiting, time after time (props to Cyndi Lauper).
66. I like it when you rub my shoulder.
67. I’ll let you have the remote (small print - on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 3 a.m. to 6 a.m. only).
68. I can be reasoned with (most of the time).
69. I’ll know when not to argue with you (most of the time).
70. I don't litter and I recycle.
71. I believe in helping the less fortunate.
72. I'll always think you look good in a bathing suit (and I'll think you look even better out of it).
73. I say what I mean and mean what I say.
74. On Sunday mornings, we’ll go out and get fresh bagels and cream cheese.
75. With me, you’ll always know how special you are, 24/7/365.
76. I'm good at sneaking food into the movies.
77. I know the best on-street parking spaces for concerts at Chastain, the Tabernacle, Philips, Smith's Olde Bar, Edde's Attic and the Variety Playhouse.
78. I’m generally good about putting the cap back on the toothpaste and squeezing the tube from the bottom.
79. When I put my arm around you, your body will fit right into mine.
80. You won't be able to get me out of your head.
81. Every time you go away you take a piece of me with you (props to Hall & Oates and Paul Young).
82. I’m happy to let you drive (except if it’s one of my cars on the first date).
83. I like sports, but I'm not obsessed with them (except when the NE Patriots are in the Super Bowl or the Boston Red Sox are in the World Series).
84. I'm youthful, playful and exuberant.
85. I’m great to cuddle with.
86. I’m strong enough to be your man (props to Sheryl Crow).
87. Everyone will say what an adorable couple we are.
88. I’m sweet and funny, kinda like this profile. ;-)
89. I promise to keep you amused and entertained at all time.
90. I’m not perfect - not at all - but you’ll find my imperfections endearing (most of the time).
91. I spent hours writing and revising my profile just so that we would be sure to find each other.
MOVIES: "This is Spinal Tap," "Vertigo," "Casablanca," "Citizen Kane," "The Third Man," "Alien," "Aliens," "Lost in Translation," "Terminator," The Band Wagon," "Damn Yankees," "Carousel." (I was President of the Film Society back in college.)
MUSIC: The Beach Boys/Brian Wilson, Matthew Sweet, Semisonic, Gram Parsons/Emmylou Harris, the Replacements, Green Day, U2, the Who, ZZ Top, IKE, Richard Thompson, Elvis Costello, Tom Petty, Bon Jovi, Needtobreathe, Graham Colton, Mission of Burma. (I own over 5,000 CDs and I love going to concerts. I go to about 50 a year and I've gone to over 900 in total.)
P.S. I am actually open about age, but I adjusted the top end of my preferred age range downwards because otherwise OKC's algorithms seemed skewed so that virtually all of my recommended matches were older.