I like adventures.
I'm engaged. We have two pugs, Max and Jackson.
I'm convinced this is the greatest picture on the Internet, there's something in there for everyone.
I also really love this picture. This is for the curmudgeons.
My perfect man is an amalgam of Phineas from A Separate Peace, Philippe from Achewood, Chuck Bass from the Gossip Girl TV show, Egon Spengler, and Christopher Walken. If you identify with several or all of these people, please let me know.
I'm probably best described as an INTP personality type.
If you're male, I'm not here to date you, but I'd most likely be your friend.
If you're female, well... I'm bi and busy right now, but would be open to friends or something more. I'm mostly just maintaining this profile out of nostalgia, though.
Currently in law school. Finished Master's in Library Science. I can't get enough of learning shit.
Looking for jobs.
Planning a wedding.
Getting off the train first, getting up the stairs first, getting out of the station first. This can either be my competitive spirit or my dislike of getting stuck behind slow walkers.
I'm also good at scheming things that I'll never do, but that I think would be hilarious if I do them.
Lack of poise, but I still have good posture.
Maybe pink hair?
Here are some words people have used to describe me. Perhaps not first impressions, but feel free to leave your own.
(2) What I'll Read Over and Over Again: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams, The Hobbit by Tolkien, Koko's Kitten by Penny Patterson, Harry-freaking-Potter, The Sandman series by Neil Gaiman.
(3) On my To-Read List: Fucking case books.
(4) I used to have more time for blogs and webcomics, but here are some of my all-time favorites:: Qwantz - June 17th, 2005, Qwantz - June 27th, 2003, Achewood - Philippe's Inner Machinations, Achewood - The Miniature Golf Hole (HUUUGS!), xkcd - Bored with the Internet, Perry Bible Fellowship - Lord Gloom, McSweeney's - Winnie-the-Pooh is my Co-worker, McSweeney's - Things Koala Bears Would Say, McSweeney's - Pick-up Lines Used by Mario.
(b) Some of my favorite moments in movies:
- The part with Ben Stiller and Gene Hackman at the end of Royal Tenenbaums when Ben Stiller says, "I've had a rough year, dad" and Gene Hackman says, "I know you have, Chassie."
- Wallace Shawn: "No more rhyming! I mean it!" Andre the Giant: "Anybody want a peanut?" in Princess Bride. It makes me laugh every single time.
- This whole scene in House of Yes
- The scene with Miss Piggy and Joan Rivers in Muppets Take Manhattan.
- The opening scene of Happiness with Jon Lovitz and Jane Adams.
- "Gogo maybe young, but what she lacks in age she makes up for in madness" in Kill Bill.
- The blanket party in Full Metal Jacket. I have no idea why.
The absolute best movie I've seen in recent memory was Beasts of the Southern Wild. Go see it!!
(c) Some of my favorite parts of certain songs:
- The horn section in Working My Way Back to You by the Four Seasons
- the handclaps in Space Oddity by David Bowie,
- the cello and electro-theremin at the end of Good Vibrations by the Beach Boys,
- the drums in a certain recording of Happy Jack by The Who,
- the breathing part in the beginning of Posed to Death by The Faint
- Jeff Mangum's voice kicking in in I Have Been Floated by Olivia Tremor Control
I don't really listen to music any more. Law school and NPR ruined me and now there's nothing more soothing than the droning of someone's voice telling me about things.
This song sounds like what love feels like.
(d) Favorite Foods: Greek yogurt, hummus, black bean soup, sushi, graham crackers, nutella, grapefruit, licorice, Poland Spring Lime Sparkling Water, Ting Ting Jehe Chewy Ginger Candy. I eat other things, but those are the things that I enjoy eating. Albondigas. That's a food that I like saying.
I just recently had a literal ice cream sandwich (pistachio ice cream between two slices of bread). It was really good.
(e) I'm bad at watching TV. Shows I'm good at watching are (or have been) Lost, Gilmore Girls, Mad Men, Gossip Girl, Breaking Bad, True Blood, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, and Boy Meets World. Right now I'm catching up on Dexter and I think I'm really getting into Community. I also genuinely enjoy Jersey Shore, I'm very sorry. I like to read TV show recaps immediately after viewing (Jersey Shore included).
A hell of a lot of things. My brain wanders.
Puppies, Cthulhu, Laika the Russian cosmonaut dog, Kittens, Spaceships, Pandas, Baby Otters, the macabre, Dodo Birds.
Self-sustainability, egalitarianism, intentional communities.
With my fiancé. Seeing a movie of sorts, sleeping, reading, knitting. I also like burlesque shows and dancing, although those aren't really typical in a weekly sense. Karaoke is about my favorite thing ever. I often find myself skipping through my iPod in order to find songs in which I see karaoke potential.
I feel embarrassed immediately upon waking up from a sex dream, but I tend to have cuddle dreams more often than sex dreams (this is totally true and the cuddle dreams are torrid).
I have ankyloglossia. It is absolutely ridiculous when I try to stick my tongue out at people. My dentist also taunts me about it each time I see him ("Betcha can't lick an ice cream cone!").
I have a soft spot for Neil Diamond and Tom Jones.
I listen to Laurie Berkner Band as if it's music for adults and not children.
Sometimes I think my life is like the Truman Show and none of the people I interact with are real.
I didn't make a huge habit of it, but there's been a few times where I read Zelda fanfiction.
This video turns me on.
- You're looking for friends. I'm not looking for male dates/partners.
- If you're into biking. That's my new extracurricular and I could use a buddy for planning out routes and such. Most of the Suffolk bike club's routes are out east.
- You want to ride roller coasters when it's warm again. I'm thinking of making my new years resolution to be to ride more of them.
- Gym buddy? Yeah? That's what people use dating sites for.