I identify as a genderfluid person. Biologically I am female, but my gender shifts. I prefer male pronouns.
I am heavily involved in the BDSM and Leather communities. Just because I am involved in them does NOT mean I expect my partner to be. I can still do and thoroughly enjoy vanilla things. Don't get too hung up on it.
I'm looking for someone to date casually. I am in an open relationship with some wonderful people. My partners are aware of every potential romantic interest, and I don't keep secrets from them.
When I'm not playing with things that are on fire or capable of slicing open flesh I love to read a good book. I spend a lot of time around my friends. I enjoy reading books about peacebuilding, urban fantasy or Afghanistan, Pakistan and Islam.
I am an absolute GEEK and love Dr. Who, Warehouse 13, imgur, 90's cartoons and stand up comedy. There are t.v. shows I can throw quotes from back and forth all day long. My attention span for movies is minimal. Sorry movie buffs!
The Count of Monte Cristo
Kushieline series, by Jacqueline Carey
InCryptid series by Seanan McGuire
October Daye series by Seanan McGuire
The Hollows series by Kim Harrison
Hamlet (I have at least three printed copies of the play. I have a freakin' Hamlet tattoo!)
America's Sweethearts (my FAVORITE romantic comedy)
The Princess Bride
Last Week Tonight with John Oliver
How I Met Your Mother
1950's era rock n' roll
2. my adopted family members- they make my life that much more wonderful
3. music/stand up- it soothes when necessary, and causes great pleasure
4. physical touch- going without touch, even the platonic kind, for an extended period of time does NOT go well for me
5. alternative lifestyles (BDSM & open relationships)- this is not only a huge part of my life, it is an incredibly large part of who I am
6. my cat- he's helped me through a lot of life
As an aside I will not accept or appreciate blatant offers for sex. They are tacky, rude and unwelcome.