So, a little about me. I'm a third year phd student at UCSD, working on fancy nerdy stuff that I find cool enough to push real life away for. Before this, I was an MS student at Stanford, and before that, I spent the better half of my formative years
freezing my ass off in the great white north-east.
I'm looking to meet cool people to hang out and do stuff with. Shared interests are always a plus, so I'll go ahead and list some of the stuff I feel good about:
1. Beer. Delicious Beer. This is one of the reasons I'm super satisfied that I ended up in this city.
2. Action movies. Ninjas with swords taking down pirates flying fighter jets.
3. Climbing. I've only recently started getting into this. Basically, I'm afraid of heights, and thought this would be a great way to get over it.
There's a bunch more, but I thought I'd keep this short. Message me if you want to know more!
I'm also trying to pick up some hobbies to keep me occupied on the side. Most recent one: becoming a certified pilot. I've officially landed a plane more times than I've been in a plane that someone else landed. Granted, when it's someone else, it's a much bigger plane...
The proudest, and most ashamed, that I've ever been of myself was the time I read the Legacy of the Drow trilogy in one night.
My favourite book, though, is Snowcrash.
Music: I enjoy classic rock (eg: Led Zeppelin, Steve Miller), 80s pop (eg: Bowie, Blondie), and most anything from the 90s due to nostalgia. I'm not super familiar with newer stuff, though I'd happily take any recommendations.
A current favourite is "Life's been good", by Joe Walsh.
Movies: The Watchmen. Also a soft spot for Titanic, mostly because the scene with the ship breaking in half is kind of cool.
1. Trashy sci-fi. My only weakness.
2. Goals. Lists. Lists of goals. I'm no good without a day planner.
3. Stupid internet websites that only waste time. Tvtropes.
4. My car. Not cars in general, but specifically, my car. The shifter throw and clutch weight is *perfect*.
5. My friends. I get by with a little help from them.
6. The heater in my apartment. This is essential anytime before April.
It's not really private, it just doesn't usually come up, you know?
You're smart and funny.
You care about fitness. You know, in case a zombie apocalypse were to ever happen.
You only care about Myers Briggs because you want to figure this out: http://www.buzzfeed.com/summeranne/whats-your-animal-personality-type