I like to think that I'm rather sharp and driven and quick-witted. I like to travel quite a bit, but maximize quality time with friends and family when I am home.
Highlights from the past few years: led bicycle vacations all over the western US and Canada, saw one little brother get married and the other get engaged, designed health software projects at Microsoft, raced a professional triathlon World Cup, biked from Seattle to San Francisco, learned to weld and built a tandem recumbent tricycle, bought & fixed up my "dream home" -- at least it's where I wanna spend the next 3-5 years,
I like girls who are energetic and outgoing and feisty. Confidence is sexy.
- remembering lines from movies and lyrics from songs
- sports that depend heavily on cardiovascular fitness ... as for the dexterity and coordination sports -- not so much -- but I still enjoy getting out there and giving them a go
- possibly cooking - it's a work in progress
- karaoke songs that are more charisma than melody
the way I think
sparkly or furry clothing
Guns, Germs and Steel, by Jared Diamond
Good Calories, Bad Calories, by Gary Taubes
Body By Science, by Doug McGuff
The Four Hour Workweek, by Tim Ferriss
The Big Lebowski, Fight Club, Super Troopers, Superbad, Office Space ... The Godfather, Shawshank, the Usual Suspects, the new Batman series
Breaking Bad -- I finally started watching the whole series on Netflix, just in time to catch up for the final half-season
Girl Talk, Muse, The Killers, 107.7, C89.5, ... some alt rock, hard rock, some classic rock, some dance, ...
Food: I like to cook a bit, trying to get into more local stuff and sustainably-grown stuff. When eating out -- I'll try just about anything.
friends & family
... my current "project" -- something I'm trying to build/create/explore/learn -- whatever it may be
... where I want to travel next. The past year included Austin, DC, Toronto, Hawaii (twice!), Los Angeles, Costa Rica, Panama, NYC, Portland, Philadelphia, the Redwoods, Napa & Sonoma, Las Vegas, Vancouver, Banff, Jasper, Glacier NP. Last year included Chile, San Francisco, Kauai, Alaska, Madison/Chicago, Las Vegas, the San Juan Islands, the Oregon Coast, Banff, the California wine country and Puerto Rico. On the horizon, I'm leading bike trips in the Badlands & Mt Rushmore, then doing some software work in Austin. Whoop whoop!
- out with friends in Capitol Hill
- unpacking the van & trailer after an awesome bike trip
- working on a project
- organizing a "pub run," where we dress in theme costumes and run from bar to bar
- lost in a country where I might or might not speak the local language
- cooking or making cocktails w friends
You are passionate about some aspect of your life -- a job or a hobby, possibly an area that I know very little about. Learning new things == awesome!
you have a lot of energy
you'd bring new and awesome ideas and activities into my life, and you think that I might do the same for you