"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return." - Nat King Cole (Nature Boy)
Some things about me:
I am Introverted and a little Shy when it comes to some things, but overall I'd say I'm fairly Outgoing and Sociable. In general, I'm not too too big on dancing, but if the mood's right, and I'm in good company, I've been know to bust a move :)
I am Caring, Considerate, Respectful, and, in subtle ways, Fiercely Passionate about a number of different things, some of which aren't necessarily easy to articulate. I love Working with Children.
I am Thoughtful, Thought Provoking, Mindful, Adventurous, and Deeply Introspective. I have been described as an old soul, but I am also (somehow) very Young At Heart. I seem to be constantly in awe of the world around me, and I perceive it with a sense of wonder and amazement.
I am a Critical Thinker, and a Careful Observer, picking up on subtle changes and nuances. As a result, I have a tendency to get a little carried away with being Technical or Hyper-Analytical at times, but, overall, I'd say it's more often an asset than it is a liability. It's an endearing quality.
I am a Hard Worker, very Competitive, and VERY in touch with my emotions (more so than most guys, and probably even some girls). In general, I wear my heart on my sleeve. Lying to me is probably the absolute WORST thing you could possibly do, as I regard trust to be paramount in any relationship, friendship or otherwise.
Things I enjoy:
Singing, Mountain Biking, Hiking, Camping, Climbing, Skiing, Driving, and trips to the Beach.
Watching and or playing (emphasis on playing) sports such as Soccer, Hockey, Football, some Baseball and Basketball, Ultimate Frisbee, Ping Pong, Foos Ball, and Ga-Ga.
I am a lover of Hot Chocolate, Camp Fires, Candlelight, Brisk Fall Weather, Winter, Dark Beer, Board Games, Card Games, History, most animals but especially Horses, Cats, and Dogs, Computers, Microsoft Excel, Photography, a GREAT variety of Music and Movies, as well as Clouds and Weather of any kind!
What I am NOT looking for:
While I do hope to find someone I am physically attracted to, I am NOT looking for a "hookup," a "fling," or any other kind of relationship that is primarily motivated by sexual desire. Don't get me wrong: being physically intimate is important, and it's something I eventually hope to enjoy with someone on a regular basis, but physical attraction is only one of several factors I weigh in considering a match.
What I AM looking for:
1) someone like-minded, who has a similar appreciation for things, especially music and movies
2) someone who understands or strives to understand the ultimate reason(s) for our existence
3) someone who WANTS a relationship as opposed to someone who NEEDS a relationship
4) someone who isn't in a hurry
5) someone who understands the importance of developing a friendship first
6) someone who isn't quick to judge
7) someone who takes their time in developing a thorough understanding
8) someone who believes it's possible to express more in the tight embrace of a warm, heartfelt hug or a single kiss or in the holding of hands than any other form of expression
9) someone to spend time with
10) someone I find to be physically, emotionally, intellectually, and spiritually attractive
11) someone who is looking for the one person they've been looking for their entire life
Instead of simply stating a list of artists as most people do, I've included a short list of some cool songs I like (below). By no means is it exhaustive, or even representative per se, but it's worth a listen, if you have some time :) I find that the music that makes you move is a rather relevant expression of that which is buried much deeper within...
UPDATE: June 2016:
Moved from Concord down to Manchester :)
Movies - Way too many movies to list
TV - NCIS, Suits, White Collar, House, How I Met Your Mother,
Family Guy, Breaking Bad, Blue Bloods, Star Trek Deep Space 9, Voyager, and The Next Generation
Cuisine - American, Asian, Indian, Mexican, Italian
Music - A little bit of everything
Some Cool Music (in no particular order)
Boris Blenn - Dream
Platonic - Alternate Thursday
The Foreign Exchange - Nic's Groove
Bonobo - Stay The Same
Cloud - Turning
M83 - Skin Of The Night
Federico Aubele - Esta Noche
Thievery Corporation - Lebanese Blonde
Blackmill - Let It Be
Peter Bjorn and John - Young Folks
Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks
Washed Out - Far Away (on Within and Without)
The xx - Night Time
The Submarines - 1940 (Amplive Remix)
Justin Beiber - I'll Show You
Zedd - Clarity (Acoustic)
Phoenix - 1901
Daft Punk - Around The World
Flunk - Morning Star (Parliavox Remix)
Royksopp - Sparks
Stateless - Bloodstream
Justin Timberlake - Suit & Tie (ft. Jay Z)
2) You're (ultimately) looking for something longer-term
3) You're intellectual, and enjoy a good conversation
4) You'd like to discuss the Music you like
5) You're curious and want to say hi :)