Second, a minor disclaimer. I'm way more cheerful than a couple of my pictures would suggest. I am rather unphotogenic.
I'm a bit of a nerd, which you could probably guess, since I write software for a living. And being such a nerd, I enjoy video games more than the average person. I also enjoy soundtracks from games. They're great for getting work done. Although I've moved away from video games as a pastime going more toward music nowadays.
I'm also newly diabetic. So there's that. Type 1, so it's not my fault. I don't eat like total shit. Just...sorta like shit.
- Various movie soundtracks (John Williams is the man)
- Nobuo Uematsu (video game composer)
- The Black Mages (video game music remade into metal)
- August Burns Red
- Oh, Sleeper
- The Ghost Inside
- Lots and lots of other rock/metal
I'm a music lover of most forms. However, I much prefer those played on actual instruments, so electronic music and hip-hop are not in my preferences 99 times out of 100. My day-to-day music taste is usually hard rock and metal. I like going to the occasional concert, and I'm no stranger to Rockfest in KC.
- Shameless (U.S.)
- The Office (U.S.)
- House of Cards
- Parks and Rec
- American Dad
- Cartoons before they sucked...I enjoy the old Spongebob episodes, don't judge
- How to Furrow Your Brow
- How to Look Chastened
- Anticipating Doorbells
- Reading with One Hand
(Anyone catch these references?)
But really, I don't read much (as in, maybe one book every few years), but the Dexter series was good. I read those a few years ago.
Before being diagnosed as diabetic, I had apparently forgotten how to eat. I enjoy food now more than ever. Everything tastes better.
- Friends and family
Guitar parts to songs
What to watch next on Netflix
- You like games (video or tabletop)
- You like the same sort of music as I do
- You know the difference between "your" and "you're"...also that there is no "a" in "definitely".
Or if I just seem so freaking awesome that you feel like it, go for it.