- When I eat with a fork and knife, I don't put my knife down to switch with my fork.
- I like films that make you wonder who the bad guy is.
- If I were to describe myself in one word, sybaritic would be it.
- I sometimes enjoy gender normative role-reversals.
- I don't like soy sauce.
- I've decided that OKC intends for people to lose messages since they seemingly refuse to give their inbox more functionality. In short, I can lose your message even if we've been chatting. Sorry about that.
- I don't generally enjoy occupational conversations as getting-to-know-each-other material. I != my job.
- I play the swipe left/right like game when I've got time to kill. Does this mean the terrorists win?
**In mid-2013, I started a relationship with fellow adventurer, romantic, and geek extraordinaire out2munch, and for a while, we kept things traditionally monogamous. However, being consensually and consciously slutty at the core, we're starting to date others both separately and together. Caution: I think that every relationship requires that the persons involved feel special, appreciated, and valued, so my non-monogamy is a lot of things, but emotionally or intellectually casual they are not (just in case slutty was distracting).**
"Well, I believe in the soul, the cock, the pussy, the small of a woman's back, the hanging curve ball, high fiber, good scotch, that the novels of Susan Sontag are self-indulgent, overrated crap. I believe Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone. I believe there ought to be a constitutional amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. I believe in the sweet spot, soft-core pornography, opening your presents Christmas morning rather than Christmas Eve and I believe in long, slow, deep, soft, wet kisses that last three days.”
“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body. But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming .... WOW what a ride.”
Open Water Swimming Manual
Algorithms to Live By
Hunting, Butchering, & Cooking Wild Game
Kung Foo Panda 3
Friends of Dean Martinez
Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass
Explosions in the Sky
Thousand Foot Krutch
“Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.”
- intersectional feminism (and sometimes radfem, for education purposes)
- sexual orientation and identification
- modern/pomo identification issues
- technology: benefit vs. crutch
- degrees of dry humor
- what "real" really means
- communication styles
- travel plans
- the meaninglessness of personal opinion
- could "for the kill" by the biting elbows be inigo montoya's theme song? ('vengeance is my business; business is doing fine')
- what's the point of a like-match if no one sends a message?