1. “Are you high?”
After much conversation.. everyone, and I mean Everyone, agreed that the actress that would play me in a movie would be Reese Witherspoon from Legally Blonde specifically. I am actually that bubbly, perky, happy, ditsy but very smart, goofy, loving, loyal, and usually covered in pink. I am a dreamer. I need someone who is able to keep me, lovingly, grounded but not enjoy popping my bubbles. I have big plans, and I want someone to share them with. Yes, I have been asked if I was high before due to my happy bubbly manner, and I always just say, “High on life!”
2. “I noticed your calves, did you play softball?”
No, but I was on the danceline. I am extremely girly, a true Southern Belle, and will always be covered in pink, sequins, bows, ruffles, flowers, boots/sandals, etc. However, I rather change my own oil than pay someone to do it for me. I have a '67 Barracuda Fastback I am rebuilding from the ground up with original parts, it even has a 1967 car tag (including "67 sticker). Her name is The Ratfish. She even has a mascot that is sitting on the dashboard. She will be a beast with a curly, blue-eyed, petite girl climbing out.
3. “Did your grandmother make this cake (I was 22.)?” Family is the most important thing to me and we are pretty big. I would never make a big decision without them. My grandmother is the one who first taught me to cook, and it is a talent I take seriously. Cakes are my specialty, but I will cook just about anything. As long as it does not have mayonnaise, the ingredients to make mayonnaise, etc. Same goes for eating mayonnaise. I will also be a very picky eater.
4. “You are very… Expressive… with your face.” Yes, I can be outgoing, like to talk with my hands, and very expressive. It makes things more interesting.
5. “I mean this in the nicest, most kind, best way, but you are the most unusual person I have ever met.” Here is the reason why. I have a different outlook on life. I came into this world happy and with people full of joy, I want to live my life making a difference in people’s lives. I want my words and actions to matter more than what I looked like. Faith is important to me, and I have a peace about the future. I lean towards the macabre, though you would never know that if I did not tell you.
6. “___________. This is you. There was a woman who was driving down the interstate behind a pig truck and a pig flew out and went through the windshield killing her. That is you. That is how you will die.”
Strange things happen to me. All the time. People will randomly tell me their life story. And I mean in the case that once, in an empty food court, an elderly gentleman asked if anyone was using the empty chair at my table, and when told no, proceeded to sit down and tell me his life story. I have had older gentlemen ask me to shop for their elderly mother while in Target. I always will. I am clumsy, ditsy, but still smart. I am also quirky and have no filter, and people seem drawn to that fact.
While we are speaking of music... what are your thoughts on Nickelback? And yes, you will be judged.
Some of my favorite movies are When Harry Met Sally; You've Got Mail; Pretty Woman; Dirty Dancing; American Beauty; 500 Days of Summer; Wedding Crashers; Send Me No Flowers; Pillow Talk; Dial M For Murder; any of the Tammy films; all Shirley Temple movies; Pollyanna; the original Yours, Mine and Ours; The Long, Long Trailer; To Kill a Mockingbird; Bridget Jones’s Diary; A Few Good Men; Escape From Alcatraz; Cool Hand Luke; there are too many to list!
I do not have cable, but I still find ways to watch my favorite shows. I love How I Met Your Mother, The Big Bang Theory, Alfred Hitchcock Presents, Life in Pieces, Modern Family, NCIS, The Mentalist, Rizzoli and Isles, Criminal Minds, Mad Men, Law and Order: SVU (Or any Law and Order, period.), RuPaul's Drag Race, Riverdale, Dexter, and College GameDay. It may sound like a lot of TV, but I catch it when I can like at the gym, during lunch, etc.
As far as food goes, I can find something to eat just about anywhere. I love good old chicken and dressing made from scratch, but I also love Mexican, Italian, and Asian cuisine.
As a librarian, I saved the best for last. I loved David: 90 Days with a Heart Like His, The Millennium Trilogy, anything by Karin Slaughter, Shutter Island, The Snowman, Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone; picking favorites are like picking a favorite child.
My relationship with God, family, friends, phone, books, and Auburn football.