I paint when I get the chance (never enough), take photos regularly, and find inspiration in as many places as I can. I'm a bibliophile and it's an advanced case. I'm athletic because it enriches my life- I'm training to swim a mile for women with cancer this fall. I am a bay area native and a globe trotter. I am deeply empathetic, thoughtful, and caring with a very upbeat nature.
Probably that I'm making a funny face about something. I'm very expressive.
Movies, I am always behind on. I love Hitchcock films. I love films by Jean Pierre Jeunet. Anything with Audrey Hepburn, Cary Grant, Gergory Peck, or Jimmy Stewart. Mel Brooks movies, cult classics like "The Princess Bride" and "Harold and Maude." Thoughtful, artful movies and occasionally comic book movies (I saw The Avengers twice.)
TV- I don't watch a lot. I like Sherlock, True Blood, Firefly, and British comedies.
Music- I like indie and bluegrass music mostly. I listen to the jazz station and love it. I like samba too.
Food- yes please.
1. Something to read. Preferably a novel or a book of poems but I'll take a magazine, a comic book, a blog, a tattoo, a bit of a thought scrawled on the side of a bus seat. Oh words, how I love them.
2. Tea and coffee. All the people (who are not things!) know that I am a partial zombie until I get some and I relish both for taste and for the leisure of drinking them.
3. Paper, paint, and brush. No these are not three separate things because they'd be useless if not paired together. A space to create.
4. Transportation of the shoe, bike, car, bus, plane, or train variety. "Live in the sunshine, swim in the sea, drink the wild air" or so says Emerson, and you have to get out there somehow... even if it's just walking out your door.
5. My music players. I'm attached enough to my ipod that I often bring it to bed. I don't know how people survive Christmas without a portable music player.
6. Pets...especially dogs.