Random things about me:
- I once asked John Mellencamp if he was born in a small town. He wasn't amused.
- After watching shows like 'The Dick Van Dyke Show' and 'I Love Lucy' when I was a kid, I believed that the world was actually black and white back then. Color apparently came later.
- I want to be a comic book artist/author. I have at least 25 stories/ideas for graphic novels or comic books and that is not including the sequels or prequels that I intend to write/draw. Some are stories/ideas that others have contributed to but most are my own. Someday, I want to have my own publishing company like Marvel or DC, but not as big. Rather be a smaller publisher and maybe work freelance for those companies after developing my own stuff.
- I am currently learning how to pilot a plane.
- Favorite book AND movie is High Fidelity. I can totally relate to Rob, the main character.
- I strangely have an idea for a country song. Needs a little work but I think it could turn out pretty good. And no, it's not about my truck or my dog.
- I will skydive at least once in my life.
- I really don't know if I could ever date a girl who did not like Batman. I mean, come on! Who doesn't like Batman?
- I've always wanted to take a random road trip with no destination in mind. Just get in the car and drive somewhere for like a week or two exploring and listening to some good tunes.
- My favorite Christmas movie is Die Hard.
- I am a pretty big procrastinator. I think it is in my DNA or something....
- I recycle. A lot. Well, not crazy A LOT but I do more than my share. I hate to waste things and try to recycle what I can. I believe we would have more jobs if they enforced recycling or at least gave some sort of incentive to people to do so. Like, if you recycle so many pounds of recyclable materials, you get a certain amount off your utilities bill. Makes sense to me. Plus, I hear it is good for the environment and stuff.
- My favorite memory is the heater at my old house. It was at the side of the living room wall. I used to curl up next to it and cover it with a blanket to entrap the heat and then fall asleep. I'd still do that to this day if I lived there.
- I want to see a bald eagle and also see a tornado in person at least once in my life. They don't have to be at the same time, but if they were, that would be pretty awesome, right?
- I want to learn sign language and possibly Russian and Latin. Or maybe German. However, I am fluent in the language of sarcasm. Very much so.
Movies: High Fidelity (yes, again.), The Nolan Batman trilogy, Lord of the Rings trilogy, Children of Men, Road to Perdition, Last of the Mohicans, Lost In Translation, Almost Famous, (500) Days of Summer, Indiana Jones trilogy, The Lion King, Serenity, American Beauty, Looper, That Thing You Do!, Braveheart, Serendipity, Saving Private Ryan, Vanilla Sky, Die Hard series, The Perks of Being A Wallflower, The Last Samurai, Silver Linings Playbook, The Shawshank Redemption, Gladiator, Crazy Stupid Love, Stardust, The Boondock Saints, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, The Green Mile, Love Actually, Back to the Future trilogy, Star Wars, The Abyss, Groundhog Day, Into the Wild, For Love of the Game, Ghostbusters....
TV: The Wonder Years, How I Met Your Mother, Scrubs, Castle, Fringe, Big Bang Theory, Chuck, Game of Thrones, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, Boston Legal, Doug, Spartacus....
Music: blink 182, Third Eye Blind, Brand New, Explosions In The Sky, Tom Petty, U2, Bruce Springsteen, fun., Frightened Rabbit, The Naked and Famous, Vampire Weekend, Journey, Johnny Cash, Kings of Leon, Coldplay, Bob Seger, Simon & Garfunkel, Weezer, Lord Huron, You Won't, Tegan and Sara, Sigur Rós, Chvrches, Good Old War, The Lumineers, Broods, Sam Cooke, The Killers, and more. I am pretty much into any type of music but those above are my favorites.