I'm a cheesemonger, food writer, former actor/singer, cooking-obsessed food/wine/whiskey freak, baseball-loving, bike-riding, frequently foul-mouthed night owl (though not in the party animal sense). I've lived in Astoria for over three years, but I hail from San Francisco, although I'm originally from Seattle, and have also managed to live in Chicago, Glasgow, and Salt Lake City. I haven't been everywhere, but it would seem I'm doing my best to change that.
Movies: anything with Peter O'Toole, epic war/space movies, depressing documentaries, silly animation, Monty Python/Mel Brooks.
Food: EVERYTHING. No, really, everything. And make it spicy! I'm extremely adventurous. I'll try anything once, and probably will a second or third time as well...plus cooking is kind of my zen, so I do it a lot!
Music: musical theatre, Wagner, Bernstein, anything with a mean banjo, ethnic punk bands, Ben Folds, old blues and jazz and bluegrass, 90's rap/hip-hop, Kendrick Lamar, and a healthy dose of loud rock, though my favorite album of all time is Graceland. Tom Lehrer!
TV: Arrested Development and Lost FTW, RuPaul's Drag Race, No Reservations, Archer, Bob's Burgers, 30 Rock, ST: TNG., Unbreakable Kimmie Schmidt, Broad City, OITNB, Agents of Shield, Daredevil, Rick and Morty.
2. Long-term memory.
3. A well stocked kitchen and pantry. Cooking is chaotic meditation.
5. Physical Contact. I'm very tactile.
6. A bike. My primary form of transportation, and I spoil them silly! My current one is a 2004 Colnago Dream Lux named Torpedo. Biking is also chaotic meditation.
7. The outdoors, followed by good beer.
8. Singing I'M SO SORRY I WROTE SO MANY.