Some things that are unique about me:
- When I do not know something, I ask about it... knowledge is my sport of choice
- I have loveable "gripper-toes" that my mother says hold me to the earth when I feel unbalanced (I quite agree)
- I am a disability activist and feminist and am pretty excited about sharing that with the world!
- I punched a neighbor in the stomach when I was 7 because he teased me that I couldn't ride a bike... ever since then I have taken every dare someone ever thought I couldn't do and succeeded.
- I have vagina power!
- I am proud to have a disability
Some things that can honestly be quite annoying:
- I am a real-life Hermione Granger... I will tell you if I think you are wrong, but mostly I will be nice about it. When I say "Actually," you know I am disagreeing with you. But good news is that I allow room for argument and love to learn!
- Sometimes I take philosophical arguments too far for the sake of learning...
- I always seem to lose the remote and my phone... like now, for instance
- I am often forgetful about factual things
- Learning... everything
- Debating/Arguing (the only kind that matters)
- Engaging and interacting with people
- Wearing my heart on my sleeve
- Telling the truth, even if it hurts
- Making people smile and know they are wanted
- LOVING completely and deeply
- Developing the potential in others, even when they don't believe in themselves to begin with
- Experiencing ideas through many positions
- Asking questions!
I giggle all the time... even at myself
I have beautiful sea blue eyes that really see you
My cheeks are almost always flushed... either from laughing or getting really excited about what I am talking about
East of Eden (John Steinbeck)
Poisonwood Bible (Barbara Kingslover)
Harry Potter (J.K. Rowling)
The Hunger Games (Stefanie Collins)
Exile and Pride (Eli Clare)
Anne of Green Gables, Moulin Rouge, Atonement, 1 Litre of Tears, My Sassy Girl, 200 Pound Beauty,
Roswell, Grimm, Castle, Downton Abbey, ANYTHING PBS Masterpiece Classic, ANYTHING BBC
JJ Lin, Jay Chou, BOA, Adele, Brandi Carlile, Madonna
- Passion-- as much required to excite change
- Love-- just the amount to make us collide
- Truth-- the promise that we respect our stories
- Consciousness-- critical inner-dialogue that exposes you to your true self
- Challenge-- all I need to feel alive, capable, and wanting for people to hold me close
- I am terrified of lady bugs (even though I was one in a play)
- When I was eight, I played a skunk in a school musical
- I don't have a driver's license
- I used to have metal screws in my legs
- I have never broken a bone (on purpose)
If you ask, I will answer (unless it is my address and phone number, I might not be that willing). But I love love love questions, especially those that make me think! I also like questions that make me embarrassed, or feel awkward, because that either means I am learning something, or I am discovering something about myself. Fascinating!