I'm not really interested in relationships that never skim below the surface. We're both worth more than that.
I'm pretty comfortable in my life and in my heart and in my skin. I don't mind holding onto my past. What was true is true.
Music helps me explore who I am.
I can be quite a smart-ass and will most definitely value that in you as well.
- drink (see above)
- smart ass. Seriously I can be super snarky. I get a real delight out of being mischievous.
- I go to a church where the people give the sermon messages. I do this on occasion and get a lot out of it. I'm usually cursing God or patriarchy or Trump in my sermons, or suggesting how Christians throughout time have had a wide perspective of what it means to be orthodox, political, scientific, erotic, creative, philosophical, atheistic, and religious which, for me, are all pretty interesting exercises of faith.
- American Pop, Kieslowski's three color trilogy Blue, Red, White, Royal Tenenbaums, Fog of War, Say Anything, Punch Drunk Love, Lost in Translation, Tree of Life, Blues Brothers, In the Mood for Love, Exit Through the Gift Shop, Constant Gardner, Dead Man, Down By Law, Raising Arizona, The Brothers Quay, Amalie, A Very Long Engagement, Baraka, Last of the Mohicans, Triplettes of Bellville, True Romance, Heathers, Deer Hunter...
- Leonard Cohen, Tom Waits, Emmy Lou Harris, Townes Van Zandt, pre1980s Roberta Fleck, Psychadelic Furs, Dianna Ross and the Supremes, David Bowie, Aretha Franklin, Van Morrison, John Denver, Fleetwood Mac, Peter Gabriel, Bonnie Prince Billy, Velvet Underground, Scott Walker, Lee Hazelwood, Panda Bear, Nick Cave, Nick Drake, The National, Julie Byrne, Steve Gunn, Vetiver, Julie Cruise, Cat Power, Bon Iver, Portishead, The Weeknd, Russian Circles, Sixteen Horsepower, Washed Out, the Four Tops, Sam and Dave...
- and all food. all of it. Nothing better than a slow cooked meal, bite for bite, with a good drink and a good conversation.