"She loves to laugh, she loves to sing..." - Haha, I may have seen Journey in concert recently so that was fresh in my mind. Speaking of which, I adore going to concerts and I have a super eclectic taste in music! Almost nothing beats an awesome outdoor show on a beautiful summer evening.
I love to hang out with my friends and family who are extremely important to me! Although I've been pretty focused on my career, I'm definitely a well rounded person. I love the outdoors especially when I am at the top of a mountain, dancing around in the snow, or relaxing by the water. I adore music - My iPod is never far from reach. Overall I'm intelligent, genuine, goofy, and thoughtful :)
I'm looking for someone who is honest, caring, a good communicator, intelligent, has a big heart, is ambitious, is funny/likes to laugh, is supportive, and can make me smile! :) Guys that like to sing along to music in the car, don't have two left feet - or will at least try to dance, likes to/can cook, take an interest in what I do (even if they don't completely understand it), and those who volunteer for organizations or charities that they believe in get extra bonus points in my book. Oh, and I recently joined a running group - So, although it's not necessary, someone who might be interested in running/training with me as well would be awesome! Don't worry, I'm not that fast... yet ;) I'm not sure what else to say here at the moment, but if you have questions, please feel free to ask them. :)
Random side notes:
- I tell far too many "that's what she said" type jokes - I also laugh at my own jokes (and other's) quite a bit.
- I tend to work too much, but I'm hoping it'll pay off very soon!
- I'm pretty liberal. I just don't think that people should have things handed to them. I have a "citizen of the world" type of a mentality.
- I cook/eat very healthy things - Just don't ask what's in it. I love farmer's markets! Oh, paleo... Ha!
- I don't have to drink a bunch to have a good time - I surround myself with people whose company I enjoy regardless of the circumstances.
- I will run in "crazy" weather (pouring rain, stupidly hot, stupidly cold, snow, etc...) but if there's one flash of lightning you get to see how fast I can really run, ha!
- Almost always happy/smiling
- Sarcasm/sense of humor
Shows: Rent, Chicago, Avenue Q... Oh, oh... You meant TV shows? HIMYM, The New Girl, Arrested Development, and the occasional nerdy Discovery Channel show are high up there on the list :)
Music: I have a pretty eclectic taste in music and love live shows! I'm definitely that person who enjoys flipping through random radio stations and singing along with everything. Some genres that I enjoy include Alt/rock (esp 90's tunes), classical, rap/r&b/hip-hop, pop/dance, country, jazz, oldies, etc...
Food: I tend to eat pretty healthy. I've been on a spinach salad (spinach, a ton of other veggies, raisins, balsamic... bam) kick recently. I love fresh fruit - especially when it's in season, yum! I eat a lot of soups, greek yogurt, chicken, and random recipes that I make up but seem to always come out tasting pretty gosh darn good (I'll be starring on Chopped soon, ha). That being said, I definitely still have a soft spot for things like chinese food, and frozen yogurt, haha!
Love (hums Beatles song, haha)
Laughter/things that make me smile :)
Spending time outside - Even if I can't that much during the week, I try to at least go out for a couple of jogs or hikes on the weekends.
How to make the world a better place.
How to use my research to make a positive impact on people's lives!
My father passed a few months ago, so I've spent a lot of time thinking about "life" and what's really important.