I feel pressured to write more things about myself.
I am at my first real job. Everyday I celebrate another successful impersonation of adulthood ("Clean ALL THE THINGS!!")
I'd like to give a shout out to my students; no, you don't have to point out in class that you ran into my profile online; yes, I am a real human; no, I won't be friends with you on Facebook now; no, this won't be on the exam.
- Maintaining sanity while editing bad student writing.
- Finding art in people's garbage -- the clean kind of garbage not the icky kind, well, you get the idea.
- Also, working, working a lot, and getting along with other people who work a lot, get it? :) But also those who can adventure and unwind :)
- Game of Thrones
- Walking Dead
- Things Joss Whedon makes
- Deadwood :)
- The Killing, yes, The Killing.
- and also True Detective ...
- and also Orphan Black...
.... I think I may watch too much TV....
- IQ84 :D, The Wind Up Bird Chronicles
- Icarus Girl
- Ender's Shadow, that's right, I wrote that.
- Oryx and Crake and that whole dystopian trilogy.
Recently Listened to:
- NPR. A lot. Do you Like Radiolab? Because yay. And Invisibilia, you are coming along nicely.
- The Smiths
- Passion Pit
- LCD Sound System
- Music that my better schooled baristas pick out for me.
- Humans of NY (Do you know it?!)
- I like to eat, a lot.
2. A coffee in the morning.
3. A friend to call.
4. A good nearby coffeeshop. Baristas whose names I know.
5. Climbing walls (literally, you know, in the gym).
Okay, okay, truth: I am writing a grant while clicking cute cat videos on Facebook.
Bonus points if you are a bit nerdy.
Minus points if you are crazy.
Plus points if you are crazy in a good way.
It's a complicated system.