Outside of that, I teach kids computer science, try (but fail sometimes) to meditate daily, and play squash.
- Noticing details in my environment
- Discussing philosophy, AI, cognitive science, or life in general
- Considering new ideas and opposing views with an open mind
- Taking (intelligent) risks.
Books (non-fiction): Improv Wisdom by Patricia Madson, The Language Instinct by Steven Pinker, Advice for a Young Investigator by Santiago Ramon y Cajal
Movies / shows: Pulp Fiction, the Dark Knight, Crash, Suits
Music: Radiohead, Elliott Smith, Eminem, Immortal Technique, The xx, The Weeknd
- Peanut butter or almond butter
- Beautiful views of nature (especially at Stanley Park)
- Google maps
- My insulated stainless steel water bottle