10. I am a really good conversationalist, once I get to know you. I am an observer of people and generally do not say much when I first meet someone. However, once I get a feel for the person, I can carry on intelligent conversations on almost any subject.
9. When I am with a group of people that I know, I tend to like to be the center of attention. Under normal circumstances, though, I am shy.
8. I am an avid reader and almost always have a book in my hand, or near at hand. I enjoy everything from classic literature, science fiction/fantasy, and horror, to non-fiction on history, science, or true crime.
7. I very much enjoy nature. I love to go camping, especially in rustic style parks with at least semi-secluded lots. My favorite place to go camping is in Ossineke at the State Forest Campground...no running water, no electricity, and vault toilets, oh, and no cell phone service. It is by far my favorite way to enjoy #8 on my list.
6. I like to think of myself as an open minded person, and find it a necessary trait in a partner. I'm not going to lie, I have friends that are not so open minded, but I value them for other reasons.
5. I have difficulty opening up to people. I think that this has been hard for me for as long as I can remember, which is slightly ironic, since I expect that people open up to me on a daily basis in my profession.
4. I love to cook, and think that I'm pretty darn good at it. The caveat to this is that I refuse to cook for just myself. I find no joy in cooking unless there is someone else with which to enjoy the result.
3. I think I have a great sense of humor. I love to laugh and make others laugh. I must admit that I engage in copious amounts of sarcasm. People who don't know me well often think that I'm being in ass, when really, I'm just hugely sarcastic.
2. Intelligence is extremely important to me. I am looking for a partner who can keep up with me and even challenge me intellectually. To that end, I am constantly trying to learn new things. I think it's awesome when someone knows something that I don't and I can learn from them.
1. I am a geek. It's true. If that hasn't become obvious by my previous items, then it's abundantly clear now. Computers, Star Wars, Physics, Literature, Fantasy, Gaming, and all of the other things that go along with geekitude are things that I enjoy. I wear it like a badge.
Smoking cigars and chilling at home. With a stressful job comes the need to unwind...and that's how I do it.
Being an awesome uncle.
Shakespeare, Poe, Psychology books, Physics books, and for the obligatory mindless fiction fixes Star Wars , Douglas Adams and Terry Pratchett
Star Wars (the original trilogy, especially Empire), Tarantino films, and horror films good and bad.
Silvercord, Rush, Foo Fighters, Tool, A Perfect Circle, and a whole slew of other random stuff.
I love pretty much anything, although I have an intolerance for green things (as in green vegetables...they make me sick, literally) and anything with the word 'salad' in the name since I really don't like most condiments either.
You find me intriguing.
You wonder who the hell this band Silvercord is.
You want to.