- First off, my name is Carlos.
- playing guitar (and writing music)
- any and all forms of philosophy (honestly, just walk up to me and ask me 'why?' and my next 5hrs are set, hehe)
- hanging out with good people
- film (I majored in film and am slowly building a career in it)
- any person who thinks for themself while keeping an open mind
- trying to irritate people that bother me (like with random annoying grammar points: 'themself' isn't really a word, it's contradictory!)
- ^^^yeah, I can be quite a bit of a nerd
I don't like...
- coffee (...even though I'm half Colombian, figures). Don't worry though, you can like coffee and I won't judge you for it. :)
- ignorance (and people who think they are 100% free of it)
- bad music (subjective, to a certain extent, I know. But just putting it out there!)
Other Stuff About Me...
- I'm an aspiring writer/director
- I'm here for both friends and a possible girlfriend, though I don't believe the latter can be attained without the prior.
- politically, I'm pretty liberal
- I often appear shy (and sometimes apathetic) at first, but I loosen up quite quickly among people I like
- I'm not a large partier, I prefer get-togethers (doesn't mean I don't like loud, stupid fun)
- I try not to form opinions on things I am not well informed on which sometimes makes me feel ignorant, but I'm either withholding judgement or uninterested
Also, since everyone seems to be giving their two cents on the topic of the oxford comma, I am very much for it.
Basically, I'm the guy you see on film/production sets holding the huge microphone pole over all the action.
It's hard work but I love it.
I think it's ridiculously cool that I have an IMDB page and I still get a kick out of every addition I get to make to it.
"Johnny Got His Gun," "The Time Traveler's Wife," "The Elegant Universe," "Holiday's on Ice," "Alice in Wonderland" "Into The Wild"
I mostly read articles and nonfiction books on topics like History, Science, Film, and Photography.
"Saving Private Ryan", "Anchorman," "Dr. Stranglove: Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb," the "Back to the Future" series, "Rolling Kansas," "The Shawshank Redemption," "The Godfather Trilogy" "City of God," "Edward Scissor Hands," "Cinema Paradiso," "Julian Donkey-Boy," "Goodfellas".
Smashing Pumpkins are my all-time fav, but I also like, Radiohead, Elliot Smith, the Killers, Arcade Fire, CocoRosie, Regina Spektor, Zwan, Mirah, Norah Jones, Nirvana, Jimi Hendrix.
When it comes to food, I like it all! Bring it on! I am consistently on the brink of learning to cook something new and exotic but then giving up and having some cereal or going out to eat.
(even though I tend to be skeptical about personality tests :P )
Sometimes, I wonder if different fictional characters would like me.
I think Hank Hill would consider me an "ok guy."
Or if you're bored and feel like chatting with someone new.
(I always end up in the weirdest, funniest conversations with people)
Also, if you find this as hilarious as I do...