I speak French and I can flub my way around with Spanish. I'm fascinated by other languages and I want to tackle German and Chinese at some point in time. I also enjoy the English language and if you 'seen something' on tv recently, think that prepositions are optional or you are going to type a message while using strange abbreviations, we're probably not meant for each other. I guess I'm old fashioned that way.
To relieve stress I workout or I do yoga. When working full time while also writing term papers on International Political Economics, stress relief/movement becomes a necessity. I'd love to do a triathlon some day if my stupid knees don't get to me first....or my bicycle doesn't break down (it's really not a very good bicycle). I really enjoy being outdoors, especially in the summer. Camping, festivals, beaches, dancing, baseball, you name it, I'm there. I love going to shows at Millennium Park and Summer Dance in Grant Park. On days when its warm enough you can find me on one of Chicago's many beaches although I've been in a decades long standoff with the sun since I have crazy fair skin but I refuse to be in the shade. I will hold strong. I'm a big Sox fan so if you're going to post those cubs jersey pics (you guys know the ones I mean) be ready for a couple of jibes. If you don't live in the Chicago land area and you have more than a decade on me, please just move along. I live in Edgewater and work in the Loop.
Chicago driving. Seriously. If you find yourself in front of me on the road and are unsure of what to do and stop in the middle of the intersection because there is construction fixing pot holes, you can be sure I'm going to yell explecitives at you.
Movie: Bringing up Baby or really any comedy with Cary Grant, Show: True Blood, Game of Thrones, Downton Abby and Father Ted
Music: Almost everything. I hate pop country but Patsy Cline is a classic. I love classic rock, blues, jazz, classical, traditional latin music, reggae. Not that big on many current things though besides The Black Keys and stuff that comes out of New Orleans. Ok, also started listening to XRT, it has some good stuff. I won't get your reference to any super current pop music however, rap or hip hop. This also means those new, obscure Indie rock bands with ridiculous names. I won't judge you for liking/listening to them, but you better hell as not judge me for not having any clue who they are.
Won't lie, I despise anything that is or might be mistaken for techno. Food: Thai is my favorite but I'll try almost anything except bugs. The one exception to that is escargot drenched in garlic and butter. I tried chicken feet once at a dim sum place in China Town....at least I can say I tried it!
And getting stranded on desert islands.
Possibly learning Krav Maga.
- YOUR MESSAGE IS TWO SENTENCES OR LESS. This is an email exchange, not an in person conversation.
- If I can't tell what you look like because you posted artsy pics. Oh, a picture of your blurry reflection/shadow. That's great! Save it for Facebook.
- If you think it's acceptable to end something with a woman by randomly stopping all communication. Just let me know so I know and we can all get on with our lives and no one is sitting there wondering.
- If you are going to need me to open that pickle jar for you because it's just too difficult.
- If you own a dog that could be described as a Toy Somethingorother. Don't kid yourself. It's a rat.
- And after the worst date ever I find I have to add this in; I'm really not interested in a polyamorous relationship. Seriously, dude. I don’t even know how to respond to that business except 'no'.