My faith is really important to me and has a big influence on what motivates me and how I see the world. I'm not really into the mainstream Christian subculture, and try to live out my faith thoughtfully and authentically in a way that tangibly benefits and redeems this city, imperfect though my efforts may be. Christian community gets me through life, and I'm looking for someone who also loves, walks with and sometime struggles with Jesus.
There's a lot more to say than can fit in this little box, but I'm really more interested in hearing your story. So hit me up! I'll get back to you.
- Used to swing dance
- Quoting Arrested Development
- Fencing. Really bad at every other sport, but I'll work hard and have fun doing it.
- Getting my mords wixed up
- Someone once told me I was a good listener, but I don't know; I wasn't really paying attention
- Talking about things that matter
- "Whoa, you look tired."
- Today's was "You have a good energy about you."
Movies: Once, Garden State, Office Space, This is Spinal Tap, Zoolander, Good Will Hunting
Shows: Arrested Development, Scrubs, Portlandia, The Office, Curb, Modern Family, 30 Rock, and Downton Abbey (that's right: I'm secure enough in my manhood to admit it).
Music: Arcade Fire, The National, Mumford and Sons, M Ward, Local Natives, Youth Lagoon, M83, Alt-J, Lumineers, Lord Huron, Horse Feathers, among so many others...
Food: Not as picky here; I'm up for whatever
- Mountains to go hiking through
- My headphones
- Really good friends and really good conversations
- Peanut butter
(and, apparently, lists...)
- you're into the indie/folk/acoustic/local music scene.
- you're okay with going out for a drink or hike every now and then
- you can laugh at yourself on a regular basis.