Planning to index nice, homey coffeshops around Jakarta (and Bandung). Obsessively reading fastco, lifehack, pickthebrain, brainpickings, and blogs. Sometimes I sneak to a meeting of interest groups in Jakarta. Sometimes Salihara, sometimes TEDx, sometimes Obrolan Langsat, sometimes I just pick a random topic, search who's who on that and be in his circle.
1) Bookdepository (cheap but delivers in at least a week, but more likely longer)
2) Doner (they have three shelves of secondhand books with great books from 1930 and nice collection on Stanley Kubrick)
3) ABC in Amsterdam (a lot of bargain books shelves, nice supply of magazines, and a lot of cheap coffeetable books you know you don't need but you buy anyway)
I really like it that here in the Netherlands the alternative cinema scene is thriving. Bless them Cineville! I'd like to frequent KINO and is really looking forward to IFFR this year. I was planning to volunteer but there is visa restriction.
I really love Sofia Coppola's Marie Antoinette, all of Xavier Dolan's, Cameron Crowe, Luc Besson, and Joko Anwar.
Don't start with me on shows. I'm a recovering junkie. Currently limiting my histerics to just Good Behavior, Babylon, Bergen, Deutschland 83, Dix Pour Cent, Please Like Me, Pan Am, The Newsroom and Sherlock. I also like having funny shows like Veep, Drop Dead Gorgeous, Ugly Betty, Younger, Crazy Ex Girlfriend, and Don't Trust The B* as white noise while I'm doing things.
From time to time I mostly obsess with female vocalists like Amy Winehouse, Natalia Kills from Cruel Youth, that girl from London Grammar, Bebel Gilberto, Lana Del Rey, and female voice samples used in Jazzhop songs. Since 8tracks and Spotify, I also like to explore curated mixtapes. Oh, and weird stuffs from Soundcloud is also my thing.
2) Assertiveness: I think it is awesome that we all have the right to say no to things. I used to be a doormat with a big "Si, Senor" printed on me in Helvetica.
3) Potable water: I fell in love at the first gulp with the water in The Netherlands I don't think I'd ever sniff chlorinated water in Indonesia the same way ever again.
4) I can live without music, internet, or personal computer, but I don't think I can live without a clean black t-shirt and black microfiber jersey trunks.
5) The ability to adapt and learn.
Oh, and I came out five times to my parents in which they cope with all five by not writing it into their memory.
2) You'd like to try a quirky or authentic (preferably with maximum two dollar signs in Tripadvisor) restaurants and would like a friend to go there because you're not sure of your own tastebuds.
3) You know an exciting event and think it'd be safer and more fun to not go there alone.
4) You stay up until very late at night because of work shifts, cramming for exam, or just insomnia and would like someone to chat with and send random links to.