- I enjoy meaningful conversation. Chit-chat disinterests me.
- I'm not into "internet dating"; this profile is here for the purpose of introducing myself so that we might meet & get to know each other IN PERSON. (I know, crazy idea, right?)
- I travel out of the country (for pleasure, not work) at least once per year.
- My greatest accomplishments to date are launching my career before finishing my first degree and completing my second degree while working full time.
- I'm a sport motorcycle (rice burner) rider.
- For over a decade, I have chosen to not have cable/satellite.
- I vastly prefer drive-ins to traditional movie theaters
- I own a revolver and enjoy shooting many different kinds of firearms.
- I'm new to Arlington and the DC metro area, but have lived in the region for many years.
- I value having life experiences over having material possessions.
- I am almost never deterred from doing something I want to do just because no one is available to do it with me.
- I have always been able to count on my ability to land on my feet.
- I consider myself to be a bit of a country girl, and I embrace my southern heritage.
- My appearance is usually WYSIWYG: no makeup, no untouchable hair-do, no haute couture -- I like to look the way I do without even trying.
- I belong to an international club of half-minds and a national club of eggheads.
- I speak Pig Latin well enough to get by, but I speak sarcasm fluently.
- I dive, both underwater and out of airplanes.
- I'd like to become more of a gym-rat and/or find more opportunity to go play (run/bike/swim/whatever) outside.
- Continuing to focus on *2nd* career development
- Getting out of town to most weekends for big group camping trips & other social events held all over the East coast, and sometimes OH, LA and TX
- Meeting new people and making some good friends. (People who are open and honest with me -- even when they have something that's not "nice" to say -- tend to be my closest friends.)
- Enjoying and seeking change. A friend once said that the only constant in my life is change. Even though that statement was made in frustration, there's a lot of truth in it. For me, change is exciting; routine is boring.
If you're wondering why I'm making all of this mention of friends and why I'm not talking about what kind of person I'm looking to date, then you probably should move on. I'm interested in people who want a real friendship, first and foremost.
- Challenging myself
- Trying new things
- Getting lost (figuratively) and finding my way
A characterization I've gotten that seems pretty neutral -- and definitely true these days -- is that I'm "intense". Considering I communicate directly, get to the point in conversations, and tolerate very little b.s, it makes a lot of sense that others see me this way.
On the less flattering end of the spectrum, I've also heard that I can be seen as intimidating. I've never quite understood this. Perhaps from their perspective this sense of intimidation results from a combination of fierce independence, self-expression and strength of will that shows through more strongly in me than in most others.
(Fiction) King, Moore, Palahniuk
(Nonfiction) relationships, sexuality, personal growth
Movies: independent, critically-acclaimed, mind-bending, visually stunning, thought-provoking, quick-wit dialogues, quirky humor
Music: anything but classical (it's ok, I just can't seem to properly appreciate it)
Food: spicy, exotic, savory, novel, all varieties of noodles and mushrooms (never met a kind of either of those two things that I didn't like)
- I am quick to feel love for others, and I still get crushes.
- "The One" is no more real than Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny. It is quite arguably the most harmful fictional entity in which one can believe.
- The conventional approach to LTRs (i.e. exclusivity, cohabitation, shared property, commingled finances, marriage, kids and such) is a recipe for destruction. As a result, I strive to have only unconventional relationships in which the commitments made to one another are honesty, communication and quality time. Anything else that happens to work in the relationship is gravy. Because I'm open to having these kinds of relationships, I'm not limited to a life that can be seen as a series of discoveries that the current one-and-only is not "the one". Instead, I get to share my life with as many wonderful and special people as I can find, right now. My life is decidedly not on hold pending discovery of a mythical "soul mate". My life is in progress, regardless of who is or isn't part of it.
...you will use correct spelling, grammar and punctuation to the best of your ability to say something meaningful
...you would like to get to know me and you are any or all of the following:
- honest & forthright
- somewhat spontaneous/unpredictable
- relatively uninhibited
- more optimistic than pessimistic
- more tolerant than intolerant
Also, go ahead and message me if our match rating is over 80%. OkCupid seems to know what they're doing with that.
...And DEFINITELY if Trae Crowder (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTHsQd-vRXK1bp4vpifl6yA) might be the lil' bubba you never knew you had.