I am an artist, animator, author, doodler, educator, misinformer, and aspiring human.
I have lived in a variety of places. My roots are in Massachusetts + Rhode Island. I try to keep my New England accent under control, but it's excitable and often leaps out when I'm least expecting it (pronouncing the word 'broad' will out me almost instantly). Ditto dolphin (i.e. ‘daul-fen').
For two years I attended Drexel University in Philadelphia. There I completed a M.S. in Digital Media. I didn't develop a strong opinion about cheesesteaks.
Improbably, I now live in Salt Lake City for a job with Disney Interactive. That job has now come to an end, and so what happens next is kind of up in the air.
In another lifetime I was a drummer. Now I am very far away from my drum kit. In the mean time, I am teaching myself to play guitar. I can lay down a pretty mean Fmaj7.
In another-another lifetime, I was a professional butterfly feeder, or to make it sound slightly more important: Senior Lepidopteran Nutritional Specialist. Those were dark times.
1. Summer camp counselor
2. Buoy Wrangler
3. Butterfly Feeder
4. Teaching Assistant
5. Disney Intern
6. Art Outsourcing Coordinator
7. Wandering Unemployed Husk of a Man
- leaving a blobfish or saxophone playing manatee on your whiteboard
- Playing devil's advocate (or avocado)
- Giving bad advice
- Pretending to know what I'm talking about
- Flagrantly adding too many adverbs
I am sometimes compared to Bret from Flight of the Conchords. Also, I get a frightening amount of Jesus comparisons.
Music: Radiohead, Chris Cornell, Guster, Wallflowers, Jonathan Coulton, They Might Be Giants, Jim’s Big Ego, Regina Spektor, Pomplamoose, Marian Call, Silversun Pickups, Tegan and Sara
Movies/Actors: Jurassic Park, Star Wars, Monty Python, Mel Brooks Movies, Gattaca, Scott Pilgrim, Moonrise Kingdom, The Martian, Pixar
- A Pencil and Paper (see: doodling)
- Morning Cup of Coffee
- A Guitar
- Oxygen (anaerobic respiration just doesn't do it for me)
- Music or podcasts
- Some proximity to nature
- Adding too many things to the list
- What sort of ratings would that sitcom get?
- Would they cancel after just once episode?
- Weird story ideas
- Unfinished novel (s)
- Life, Universe, Everything
- People dressed as dinosaurs
- Dinosaurs dressed as people
- The collapse of Bronze Age civilizations
...you want to start an awesome band
...you want to show me around SLC
...we are drift compatible