I am a digital artist, author, doodler, educator, misinformer, and aspiring human.
My roots are in Massachusetts + Rhode Island. I try to keep my New England accent under control, but it's excitable and often leaps out when I'm least expecting it (pronouncing the word 'broad' will out me almost instantly). Ditto dolphin (i.e. ‘daul-fen’).
I spent four years in Providence RI. For two years I attended Drexel University in Philadelphia. I didn't develop a strong opinion about cheesesteaks.
After that I somehow ended up in Salt Lake City. There I worked at a Disney Interactive studio. In 2016 the studio shut down and I moved back east. That was a hard breakup. When Disney doesn’t want you anymore, you’ve got to start asking yourself some hard questions.
I just recently started working at a game studio in Needham MA.
In another lifetime I was a drummer, though never a very good one. In the mean time, I am teaching myself to play guitar. I can lay down a pretty mean Fmaj7.
In another-another lifetime, I was a professional butterfly feeder, or to make it sound slightly more important: Senior Lepidopteran Nutritional Specialist. Those were interesting times.
1. Summer camp counselor
2. Buoy Wrangler
3. Butterfly Feeder
4. Teaching Assistant
5. Disney Intern
6. Art Outsourcing Coordinator
7. Wandering Unemployed Husk of a Man
- leaving a blobfish or saxophone playing manatee on your whiteboard
- Playing devil's advocate (or avocado)
- Pretending to know what I'm talking about
- Flagrantly adding too many adverbs
I am sometimes compared to Bret from Flight of the Conchords. Also, I get a frightening amount of Jesus comparisons.
Music: Radiohead, Chris Cornell, Guster, Wallflowers, Jonathan Coulton, They Might Be Giants, Jim’s Big Ego, Regina Spektor, Pomplamoose, Marian Call, Silversun Pickups, Tegan and Sara
Movies/Actors: Jurassic Park, Star Wars, Monty Python, Mel Brooks Movies, Gattaca, Scott Pilgrim, Moonrise Kingdom, The Martian, Pixar
- A Pencil and Paper (see: doodling)
- Morning Cup of Coffee
- A Guitar
- Oxygen (anaerobic respiration just doesn't do it for me)
- Music or podcasts
- Some proximity to nature
- Adding too many things to the list
- What sort of ratings would that sitcom get?
- Would they cancel after just once episode?
- Weird story ideas
- Unfinished novel (s)
- Life, Universe, Everything
- People dressed as dinosaurs
- Dinosaurs dressed as people
- The collapse of Bronze Age civilizations
...you want to start an awesome band
...you want to show me around Boston
...we are drift compatible