I have weird obsessions with the following things: ice cream, beer, cinnamon, the word antediluvian, Battlestar Galactica (even after all these years), using 50-cent words when 25-cent words will do, and oxford commas.
Night job: working on my novel. A draft is done and I'm workshopping it. Also dabble in lots of other things I'm not very good at. You know that whole 10,000 hours thing? I have invested 10 hours in a thousand things instead.
Recent travel destinations: Myanmar, Thailand, Bali, Scotland, England.
- keeping someone guessing on whether what I just said was serious
- climbing Mount Stupid
- not taking advantage of my Commonwealth Club membership like I keep saying I will
- being a grammar cop (thanks a lot, Mom)
- keeping my grammar copness as a part of my internal monologue. Usually.
- correcting people who use PST during PDT.
- coming up with ways I really do deserve some ice cream.
Disrupting Class, Daring Greatly, The Antidote, Life (Keith Richards autobiography), anything by Michael Lewis, a variety of young adult fiction as research for my book. Oh my god. . . Twilight. . . you can't unread it. . .
Electronica (breaks, electro, trance, house) I'm currently listening to a lot of downtempo stuff (Ulrich Schnauss, Tycho, Hammock, Helios)
I also have a roots rock bent. And a grunge/hard rock bent. Just got turned on to Metric and the Naked and Famous.
I know a lot of people say they listen to "everything but country" which means they've never listened to Neko Case.
I also automatically get up and dance if "Since U Been Gone" comes on. I'd say it's a guilty pleasure but I feel no guilt about it.
The means to travel
I'll keep the last one in reserve. Tomorrow I might have a New Can't Live Without It Thing.