What is critical for me in a partner is to have someone who shares the same values as me; I am easy going, believe in balance (ex. work/life), am friendly, ethical, physically/mentally take care of myself, truthful, open, flexible, close to family members, loyal, hard working, believe in equality in a relationship, and financially responsible. Aside from values, if a partner has common interests with me, then that is a bonus! :)
I have been charitable in the past including giving blood through American Red Cross and making small monetary donations to charities I learn about through colleagues of my work company.
Sometimes must battle with my natural, introverted, nature. Yes, I am a SciFi/fantasy nerd but there is much more to me than that; I enjoy exercising (ex. swimming), reading or watching a good story, sharing interests with other people, taking care of my pet dog, doing yard work (ex. flower beds), and occasionally going somewhere for vacation (ex. Florida, Las Vegas, Smoky Mountains).
I am not generally into parties and the bar scene but instead enjoy small, simple, interactions with friends/family. I am not afraid to enjoy time by myself but ideally need to balance that out with regular, frequent, interactions with those I love.
3. Being open to new ideas/opinions
4. Enjoying hobbies
5. Being customer/people oriented
6. Enduring effort / persistence
7. Being friendly
8. Keeping conversations going (despite my natural shyness)
Here is a brief list of what I do enjoy:
1. TV shows and movies involving scifi (ex. Star Wars, Star Trek, Xfiles, and Stargate SG1), fantasy (ex. Lord of the Rings, Hobbit, and Game of Thrones), educational (ex. Cutt throat kitchen, Gettysburg, Chopped, Pawn Stars) and comedy (ex. Looney Tunes, South Park, Key and Peale, and Bobs Burgers).
2. Books (Ex. authors: JRR Tolkien, David Eddings, RA Salvatore, JK Rowling, CS Lewis, Terry Brooks, Stephen Donaldsen).
3. Music: classic rock (ex. Van Halen, Poison, Def Leppard, Scorpions, Bon Jovi, and Foreigner)
4. Food: chinese, pizza, fruit juice, anything with peanut butter, foods with chicken in it, and sub sandwiches. I have also made wine in the past from a kit.
1. Family, friends, and pet
2. Personal values
4. Education and Career
5. Anything I have worked hard to get
1. My present, past, and future.
2. Things going on in the world
3. Things I observe on a daily basis
4. Things I or others enjoy
2. Staying in and enjoying TV, movies, reading, and video games.
3. Getting caught up on sleep
4. Going out to exercise, shop, and entertainment.
For now I will only admit to being uncomfortable with public speaking since I prefer informal conversation.
2. Someone who is interested in me and has matching values with me as depicted in my online dating profile.
I am not looking for one night/short term flings, women who are immature/have a cheating temperment, anyone who is too overbearing, cruel to others, and can't take care of themselves (physically, intellectually, etc.)