* I am a big fan of beer gardens. You don't have to love beer, but if you enjoy sitting under trees with friends and some drinks on a sunny afternoon, then you get it.
*I occasionally brew beer...next up I'm thinking of a session IPA
* I really enjoy triathlons. PR'd 2014, but I've fallen off the wagon. However, I am signed up for the 2016 NYC triathlon, so that's some new motivation.
* I enjoy a healthy debate--sometimes over energy policy, european immigration, or other serious things; sometimes over whether otters are cuter than cats--but I don't like to argue. There's a difference.
* I like to do lot's of random things for fun, be it kayaking, salsa dancing, starting philosophy clubs (ok, only one time), or wine tasting - and often pretending that I know much more about wine than I do. I'm up for trying anything, at least once.
Or it could be my deadpan style of humor. People who don't know me might think I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, though I really hope people don't think I am a tool at all.
Movies: Shawshank Redemption, Wet Hot American Summer, Best in Show, Charlie Kaufmann movies (minus Synecdoche), various Woody Allen movies.
Music: Ben Folds, Regina Spektor. Otherwise, a wide variety.
TV: Seinfeld, Arrested Development, The Wire, Game of Thrones; just like everyone else in the world it seems.
Radio: NPR and all that goes with it (This American Life, WWDTM, Radiolab, and of course the daily stuff)
2. Running shoes/bike/goggles
3. Latest issue of the Economist
5. Family + friends
6. A super boring list of six things
Anyways, I'm a pretty open book if anyone wants to ask me anything.