My laughter is loud and unapologetic. Good grammar and manners matter. I walk the line between chivalry and gender equality. I am not afraid of the spotlight, but prefer to shine it on others. I'm not afraid of awkward silence or prolonged eye contact.
I am looking for somebody fun and easy to be around with high quality of character that I can't take my eyes off of.
Otherwise, I play Ultimate frisbee competitively, piano professionally, and have spent most of an unfairly large amount of my life filling up my passport. Fun fact: I've gotten my hair cut on six continents.
Stopping to smell roses (aka appreciating simple pleasures in life)
Making a silk purse out of a sow's ear (aka making the best of a bad situation, finding silver linings on clouds)
Umm...how do some people not know these catchphrases???
Oh! And Catchphrase! (PS I love games!)
Also, I'll kick your ass in pool, darts, and/or foosball, but go ahead and challenge me anyway. Loser buys ice cream. :)
Books: Non-fiction please.
Movies: Favorites include Forrest Gump, the Shawshank Redemption, Remember the Titans, and That Thing You Do.
Last movie I saw: Into The Woods (it's better on stage)
Shows: I mostly like to watch sports. But I do enjoy the Sing-Off, Whose Line Is It Anyway?, and Last Week Tonight.
Music: I know a lot of music and my tastes are diverse, ranging from Sinatra to the Who. My current favorite is The Band Perry.
Food: I crush Indian buffets and Mom's lasagna. My palate is broad and I like to order "family" style. If menus scare you, just let me handle it -- you won't be sorry.
Addendum: I just read this: http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/oct/14/age-of-loneliness-killing-us
And with this article in mind, I'm trying not to die. My favorite movie/show is the one I'm watching with you. :)
All true, but not insightful! Try these:
1) Piano. Joy when I'm up; therapy when I'm down.
2) Lactaid Milk. I'm not lactose intolerant - it just tastes better.
3) Toothbrush. If my mouth doesn't feel clean, I don't feel clean.
4) Alarm clock. I'm a night owl by nature. I never want to start sleeping...I also never want to stop.
5) Cell phone. I tried to avoid the obvious here, but traveling abroad without cell service (maps!) made me realize how much we've come to depend on the stupid things! (I dare you to airplane-mode your phone for more than 24 hours!) I just try not to be a slave to it.
6) Perspective. (with a sense of humor) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEY58fiSK8E
and the things I should be doing instead of wasting my time on my computer/phone.
a) In bed at a reasonable hour for Saturday morning fun
b) Playing piano, at home or a dueling piano show
c) Out at happy hour / being social
d) Flying out of town for the weekend