I just moved to Korea from San Francisco for work. I don't have many friends here, but excited to make new ones and discover what Korea has to offer. Let's chat!
Movies: I love movies in general but Sunshine and The Anchorman come to my head. Before Sunrise/Sunset/Midnight series is highly underrated, imo. I highly recommend it. I recently decided that I will watch any movies with Tom Cruise, Matt Damon or Will Smith in it. What can I say? They make entertaining movies. Please feel free to challenge me.(or chastise me) (Edit, April 2015: I'm adding Denzel Washington to this list)
Shows: Too many to name but of the contemporary ones, I love the usual suspects of GoT, Mad Men, TWD, Louie, and House of Cards. Since I've moved to Korea, I'm missing my DVR.
Music: I love EDM. Mostly trance and progressive but also enjoy deep house, DnB, and techno. There is a special place in my heart for new wave and old-skool hip-hop. I haven't listened to the radio in a decade. I enjoy music festivals.
Food: I hate the term, "foodie," as it is incorrectly being used these days, but I do enjoy seeking out specialty restaurants that does one thing well. I would love to have someone take me to some of these in Korea.
1) long lines at ramen places
2) people who don't use their turn signals
3) talking loudly in public(with or without the phone)
5) people who say they eat sushi but can't eat raw fish
6) the word, "foodie" (but I like food)
- What restaurants there are in my neighborhood
- What bus I need to take to get to different parts of the town
- When my Alien Registration Card is going to arrive so that I can get my cable/cell phone accounts set up
- How I can navigate through the Korean work culture