The point is, work-life balance is important to me... bring passion and color to everything and anything you choose, but Renoir sought his masterpieces in the commonest moments of sunlight and easy laughter. What am I doing with my life? One day at a time, I'm following the old man's advice.
However, I have an eclectic set of interests and I'm a bit of a contradiction: this usually reveals itself fairly quickly. Half of my family is from Paris (France) and the other half is from rural Texas; meanwhile, I was raised inside DC proper. I've been blessed with a wide spectrum of cultural influences and the person I've grown into is the product of it all mixed together.
The world is my teacher and so are you...
Books... (1) Gone With the Wind... the book, *not* the movie... my first born will be named Scarlett, I don't care if it's a boy or a girl. (2) Moneyball. (3) If You Give A Mouse A Cookie. (4) A Midsummer Night's Dream. (5) The Great Gatsby. (6) Howard Zinn's A People's History.
Music... Springsteen. Sam Cooke. Springsteen. Pat Green. Springsteen. Anything Motown... Stevie Wonder, Paul Simon, Lady Gaga, Frank Sinatra, Nancy Wilson, Roy Orbison, Willie Nelson, Last Train Home, Zach Brown Band, R.E.M., WHAM! ... the list goes on. But, I've literally followed Springsteen around the world and consider him a member of my extended family... the day a man (in real life) makes me smile the way I do singing along with Bruce is the day I'm signed, sealed, and delivered...
Movies... Almost Famous. The Big Chill. 61. Legally Blond.
TV... Boston Legal, The West Wing, Arrested Development, Dallas, Ally McBeal, The Wire...
2. Dancing (like, real dancing, with steps and turns and twists and dips and a lead.)
3. Family.... including my friends and my puppies.
4. My Education.
5. Quality Red Wine.
6. Baseball.... "The one constant through all the years has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again."
2. I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
1. someone other than you and your mom think that you're a good person.
2. you can make me laugh.
3. it's your personality to play hookie from work (once in a while) because it's a gorgeous day that ought to be spent on The Mall tossing around a football.