Hmm, I'm a talker. I am a curious bird. I love learning new things. I love traveling and seeing the world. I love making new friends. I enjoy listening to others and hearing their stories. I love story time. I love women. I like going to museums and festivals. I used to be a gym rat and would like to get back into it...although I've discovered I love hiking in this beautiful state. My family is uber important to me. I have 2 brothers, a half-sister, and 2 half-brothers. I'm the oldest. I'm responsible. I'm a dreamer. I love life and I love to laugh. I'm incredibly loyal and would do anything for any of my friends. I make friends/acquaintances easily bc I'll talk to anyone and I guess I have a friendly face bc I frequently get stopped while roaming around downtown during lunch or after work for directions by tourists. I'm random. I like people watching. I love tattoos and have six...and I have some ideas tumbling around for my next one! I love a good mani/pedi. I drive fast and I love cars. I grew up in Irving, Texas (a suburb of Dallas). I went to Baylor. I have a BBA in Accounting. I'd love to be living in England within 10 years...hey, it's nice to dream! I like to play pool. I'm feisty. I love surprising friends with little gifts (nothing extravagant or expensive...just thoughtful little tokens). I LOVE postcards!! I want to take a photography class again...
I could say much more, but my hand is tired from typing so if ya wanna know more, feel free to drop me a line. :-)
TLDR, I am spontaneous, loyal, and friendly
I am currently a Cash Accountant for a corporation in downtown Portland. We were recently acquired by another company and layoffs have been slow and steady, so I'm looking for my next adventure in my career. If I don't find anything in PDX, I'll probably try in Seattle bc I love the PNW.
I am recently out of a relationship that was perfect until it wasn't. I've been cheated on by everyone I've ever committed to, so I am trying to heal and love myself and if I seem slow to open up it's bc I'm incredibly scared of being hurt yet again.
I'm making new friends and expanding my social circle. :-)
I am singing! I'm a member of the Portland Lesbian Choir, which I've found to be very fulfilling.
I'd also like to give back to the community by doing volunteer things...from 5ks to Habitat home builds. I did them back home and enjoyed them immensely!
Ah yes, I'm a gamer...well used to be anyway. I am not obsessed with gaming consoles (I own a Wii, Xbox 360, and a PS2). I do however enjoy World of Warcraft from time to time and it holds a special place in my heart.
- driving fast (though not recklessly - although my Texas definition of fast is quite different from the Oregon one!)
- getting dressed and ready to leave the house in less than 10 mins
- making people smile with my silly remarks or jokes
- putt-putt (or losing the game of putt-putt)
- getting along with kids (I believe I'm a big kid...but I know how to be serious too)
- putting people at ease
- planning vacations
- keeping in touch with friends and making an effort
- cheering people on
I guess that's all for now, lol
- Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe
- Huck Finn
- Grapes of Wrath
- Tipping the Velvet
Also just about any lesbian novel and anything Sherlock Holmes
Movies: I love movies...my bff in Texas and I used to go to one a week, so I've seen quite a few, but there are still so many to see. I like all kinds of movies too, from romantic comedies to horror. I will list 5 of my all-time faves here:
- The Help
- Gone in 60 Seconds
- Field of Dreams
- The Blindside
- Imagine Me & You
Music: My life would be non-existent without music. It floats my boat and soothes my soul. I like just about every kind too...my tastes are very eclectic...from jazz to rap to rock to classical. I'll list a few of my recent faves here:
- Scissor Sisters (this band is fucking awesomesauce fun so if you've never heard them, give em a listen...it'll make you wanna dance)
- The lady stylings of Lana Del Ray, Lorde, and of course Florence and the Machine
- The Beatles (need I say more? and if you don't like them at least a little, I'm fairly certain we won't be good friends)
- Caedmon's Call (it's a Christian band, but their sound is awesome and I think their songs can relate to anyone)
- Deathcab (and by default, The Postal Service)
- Norah Jones (she's a Texas girl and she can play a piano and her voice is angelic)
- Sarah McLachlan (pure awesomeness)
- Melissa Etheridge (puts on a great show live and her music is the shiz!)
Food: Well, I'm a southern girl, so I love my food, lol. I'd have to say my fave foods are fruits though. If I ever met a girl that made an incredible fruit salad, I'd follow her to the ends of the world, lol....I'm not kidding xD
2. The interwebs
5. Relationships/Interraction with others
6. My cell phone
These are in random order, btw.
Why I'm attracted to the people I am
I ponder my brother's actions (since I'm the oldest, I worry about their life decisions sometimes)
What I want to be doing in 10 years and how to get there
Why people do cruel things
What makes people tick
How to bring a smile to someone's face
My next vacation
And any other random thing that crosses my mind...
You like new friends
You are quirky
You aren't grouchy
You love to laugh
You are random
You want an activity buddy