*disclaimer, I work nights, and notoriously leave the app open.
Novelist. Navigator. Functional philosopher. Seeking fascinating conversation, strong minds, and new outlooks. Know what I want when I see it. I am tired of searching. This is my message in a bottle. Any and all applicants please read.
For the record, long term is not out of the question. It just might take me a long time to make that call. I've made some mistakes, and I don't care to repeat them.
- Long Version:
- Diagnosed EFNP, for those who care.
Required viewing (A quick glimpse of me, that is, if anyone watches):
I am not arrogant, I speak with conviction.
-Alan Watts (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYyVCyRQXho). Considered leaving this video as the whole profile.
- The art of becoming.
My life thus far, still walking. Just further afield these days.
- I like sex. I hope you do too. There is a lot more to it than simply rolling around. I need a connection. I have seen girl parts before, I need a woman. Eroticism is a must. I need a highly evolved woman. One totally capable of commanding her own bedroom, with or without a companion. Tough. Strong minded. Compassionate. Invite me to tour your chambers. Challenge me. Then hold on tight.
- I like muscular women. Always have. It is not a matter of body typing or objective reduction. I just know such moves me in a way I cannot control. I will pick women out on that criteria. Do you need to be She Hulk? No, but I wouldn't mind a woman who was. That said, see the above. Power is nice, but it is really about the woman.
- Pursuant to the above, there is the matter of working out. Many claim to do it, few seem to understand it. Heart pounding, adrenaline flowing, sweat pouring, blood pumping. I hope the metaphor is obvious. It is not a matter of vanity. I is a matter of transformation, of becoming. A physical act that mirrors the internal. Power of mind reflected in body.
- If you have made it this far, I have other traits as well.
- I have lived a full life, according to my own rules. I have no regrets. That said, I am not perfect. I am aware my head can be someplace other than my shoulders. If you see this, I expect you to call me on it. Being wrong can be good for you. You cannot cover new ground staring at a map. Sometimes you just have to walk.
- Quality of light is huge. If you are comfortable under a blue florescent, we will not gel. Yellows, orange, candles. It really is that important.
- I have no country. I lived in Europe for a few years, traveled up and down West Africa. Lived in Sardinia. My children are half Icelandic, and yes, they are more important than you. When asked, I answer as Bostonian before American.
- Please be authentic. Painted skin, flashy clothes, and top secret culture does not make you real. I don't do scavenger hunts, I end up where my feet take me. Be a traveler, not a peacock. Be what you present, revel in the art you paint into your flesh, or spike through your skin.
- I believe a woman should be my equal. I have no problem opening doors, being a gentleman, and treating a woman like a “lady.” But when the chips are down, I expect you are a lioness underneath. You should be able to handle at least a dozen zombies without any help.
- I believe the secret to staying young, is learning to let go of what you think you already know. Life continues to teach, we forget how to listen. An inflexible mind cannot learn, and does not weather the Tuesday bombshells you hadn't considered.
- I do not believe the study of Art, History, Language, Literature, Philosophy or Spirituality is “a waste.” I am a functional academic, though prone to obscure, yet painfully precise blathering. Stop me if it bothers you, tell me to continue if it excites you.
- For the gruesomely academic, my specialty is Literature: European Modernism, 1863 - 1939. I also have a heavy background in Existentialism, and the Modern Art movement in general. Specific specialties (only because I have read so much) include Nietzsche, Woolf, Orwell, and The First World War. I can talk about some REALLY obscure stuff. My phone auto corrects for Ontic, Ontological, and Ontology. Yeah.
-Being outside, talking to random people.
-Thinking; perhaps too much. Libra. Shoot me.
-Working on "the Plan."
-Feeling the music I find.
Books: Yeah, I have a lit degree. Kundera, Gaiman, Orwell, Woolf, many more.
Movies: Big Lebowski, Fight Club, The Ninth Gate. Coraline. The Grand Budapest Hotel. Never set out to be a Johnny Depp fan, but he happens to be in a lot of my favorites. I can quote a disturbing amount of Pulp Fiction.
Four seasons (Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter)
Books (I hate kindles, won't buy one)
Wine, Beer, Seafood (This is one category. Trust me on this)
(my children should be an unspoken obvious)
The creepy similarities between the "Right" and the"Left."
The uniformity of non-conformity.
Failures of critical thinking.
Why people, who claim to like honesty, don't.
Why brevity seems to evade me.
My Friday is Saturday night at two am. My Monday is Wednesday.
You want to enjoy my company, for however long it lasts. You know that ever after is, actually, every day.
You don't wish to change me.
You have an inspired, creative desire to add something to the world, to never truly settle, to keep learning, and are not afraid to call bullshit as required.