57 Memphis, United States
Join today
Find great matches with our advanced matching system!
Join today
Find great matches with our advanced matching system!
My self-summary
First off, I am not on the A-List, so any "likes" are just mysteries to me!

From my vantage point down a rocky and wicked road, I am convinced that kindness and sexiness are inextricably bound like a mountain of kudzu growing over an old house.

I have been described as a fairly laid-back professor, with a super-quick wit and a terribly analytical mind (guess I got 'em all fooled). I love humor and probably over-think things (and thus use far too many parentheses). I tend to talk in puns and double-entendres, sometimes even surprising myself.

The Lord led me to salvation a number of years ago and seems to be using me where I am, but by the same token, He has led me down some wild and woolly rabbit-holes, often revealing the destination only long after the journey; thus I am looking for someone with a real love for God and a sharp mind, someone willing to take chances. I might get a tad crude with my humor (scatology) and have been known to lose myself in dance and really powerful music; so, I'd like someone with the artistic sensibilities who could appreciate the more human aspects of both education and passionate abandon.

I tend to be a walking paradox, I'll admit. I draw portraits in pastels, ink, oil, acrylics, pencil and do fairly professional-quality work (often surprising my colleagues, since art is not my area of study). I can sing some wicked torch-and-blues. My Christian beliefs are decidedly born-again with charismatic overtones (but not the scary type).

Beauty is great; sexiness, better; but kindness and loving consideration trump them all. Here are two of my poems (I dabble on the side):

The Fire

And in the foreboding gloom
Of shadowy hills,
and formless trees,
embers careen crazily upward;
spontaneously crackling evanescence...

faces glow with hope;

and a stir,
a parting,
an incarnation of music...
a flash of coppery skin--

for in every girl
there is a gypsy princess
dying to dance closer to the fire

The Heart Is an Island

The heart is an island
rarely visited,
but stirred
by the continuous lapping of the waves,
the playful, tantalizing waves--

Beneath the sparkle and the dance, fish,
to be envied,
find their home--
and never swim alone--,

No message in a bottle,
No sail on the horizon,
But only the promise of a glowing bronze sunset,
riding the line
between the heaven and the earth.
What I’m doing with my life
Lets see-- I teach literature and composition in a local college, tend to rescued animals, dabble in poetry and art, and try to stay out of too much trouble.
I’m really good at
Treating a female like a lady in a crowd and like a woman when she desires.
The first things people usually notice about me
Humor-- I carry on a lot; 90% of the folks who meet me like me (the other 10% are jerks).
Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
movies-- I love psychological thrillers (e.g., "The Number 23"), reality-based dramas (e.g., "Get Low), documentaries, and anything with Bruce Willis (the man can act!)

books-- good grief, I've taught courses in ancient-world literature, modern-world literature, Shakespeare (and other Renaissance writers), early-American/colonial lit., British and American Romanticism, modern American lit., Victorian lit., besides the basic composition courses with required readings-- and ALL have outstanding works!! (I also do quite a bit of research and thus read a lot of case-based books, especially in criminology.)

shows-- I enjoy "Scrubs," "House," "Chuck," "No Ordinary Family," most WWE shows (yes, don't judge me), re-runs of "My Name Is Earl," etc.

food-- I especially love seafood and Coletta's pizza (the barbeque is to die for).
I spend a lot of time thinking about
Thinking about thinking

(and realizing how much I hate filling out questionnaires!)
On a typical Friday night I am
Saving the world from boredom?
The most private thing I’m willing to admit
I'll admit 'em all, as long as they pay the cover charge.
You should message me if
you've got the nerve!