I'm interested in something meaningful with someone special. I'm looking to get to know someone who is compassionate, smart, funny, honest and who wants to grow into a place of commitment and intimacy. I want certain things for myself and am growing, but am also comfortable with my trajectory. I want to find someone who will accept and love me for me and expects the same.
10 random facts about me...
1. I have an adopted brother from Gambia who I met in Iceland...(my parents weren't able to make it legal since he's older.)
2. I’m a history buff... I'll tell you anything you wanted to know about Roman gladiators or the Battle of Gettysburg.
3. I know how to fence (with rapiers, not stolen goods)
4. I am a fan of mega-doses of fish oil
5. My Vietnamese Pot Bellied pig was named Amos (he was great...so intelligent and emotional!)
6. My childhood ambition was to be a veterinarian and so I established a pet-sitting business
7. My Enneagram type is a 2 ("The Helper") but very close to a 3 ("The Achiever")
8. I buy books faster than I read them
9. I am a Myers-Briggs “ENFP”
10. I'm afraid of clowns, particularly sad or hobo clowns...
Other relevant bio: I'm originally from Santa Cruz and went to college in Massachusetts before moving to L.A. After 10 years, I now find myself happy to be back in the Santa Cruz area. I'm blessed with a solid family and great friends.
The Road Less Traveled, Where the Red Fern Grows, Tuesdays With Morrie, The Great Gatsby, The Iliad, The Prophet, The Alchemist, The Dhammapada, Desiderata, The Gift of Therapy and pretty much anything psychology or philosophy.
Silver Lining's Playbook, Good Will Hunting, The Shipping News, A River Runs Through It, Gone With The Wind (yes, really), Welcome to Sarajevo, The Talented Mr. Ripley, A Beautiful Mind, Scent Of A Woman.
TV Shows (current and all time):
X-Files (first few seasons where it was creepy and not all about aliens and conspiracies), The Walking Dead, Dexter, Seinfeld, Modern Family, Parenthood, House, Nip/Tuck (first few seasons before it just got ridiculous), Mad Men, Criminal Minds (apparently I'm a mix of Gideon and Reid), Chappelle's Show.
Very ecclectic...classical and anything ranging from say NWA to Enya. Artists on my iPod current favorites list include Ingrid Michaelson, Matt Nathanson, Bach, Mozart, John Mayer, Fleetwood Mac, and Coldplay to name some.
I'll eat almost anything but am sort of partial to Mexican, Italian, tacos, pizza and a quality burger.
3. Meaningful paid & voluneteer work
4. A desire for continuous personal growth
5. Spiritual awareness
6. Pen & pad of paper