I'm looking for a woman who is smart, confident, good hearted, funny, thoughtful, compassionate, and basically a good person overall. Looking for that spark that people keep talking about.
I want to find a woman who makes me feel this song....
Your dog will love me. Your cat will likely dig me as well.
I think we can all agree that no one on this site has any idea what they're doing.
I swear that my pictures are exactly what I look like on any given day.
I'm a t-shirt and jeans kind of guy, but I clean up quite nicely.
I don't play games and I'm very open and honest (and goofy).
I don't have much hair anymore but I do have an awesome shaped head.
Much of this profile is meant to be read with at least a hint of sarcasm and wit, because I occasionally think I'm witty. I'm always going to try and make you laugh.
Let's do fun stuff together!
Let's do boring stuff together!
Let's get off this damn website!
My real passions are music and film. I play guitar, bass, piano and keyboards, drums, and I write and record my own music. I've also dabbled in film making and writing
figuring out how to play that song you like
pop culture/music/movie/general trivia
making cheesy/corny/awesome statements that make you laugh
Movies - Self proclaimed movie buff. I'll watch just about anything in any genre. It'd be pointless for me to list the movies I like.
TV - I watch only a small handful of TV shows. I'm definitely more of a movie guy. Me and TV have an odd relationship. Just recently got into Game of Thrones a few years too late. Favorite shows are The Simpsons (all time fav); Law & Order (original and SVU); Community; Arrested Development; South Park; Modern Family; Bill Maher; Last Week Tonight with John Oliver and more
Music - Music is a huge passion of mine. Favorites are Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Radiohead, Metallica, Tool, Sunny Day Real Estate, The Beatles, Alice In Chains, Nirvana, David Bowie, Queen, Nine Inch Nails, Foo Fighters, Chili Peppers, The Rolling Stones, Arcade Fire, Mumford and Sons, Fleet Foxes, My Morning Jacket, anything Motown (this is my bar for whether anyone has good taste in music. I mean, how can you NOT like Motown?), as long as it has a really good melody, then I'll give it a go.
Food - I like food. Let's get some food. My favorites are Italian, Chinese, Japanese and Mexican. I don't really eat Indian or Thai or anything super spicy (this whole 'growing old, unable to eat spicy foods' thing is a bitch)
- OkCupid should implement a video section, where you can make a little 30 second video of yourself. It would limit the number of fake profiles and I think you would get a better sense of the person if you could just watch a little clip instead of trying to figure out who someone is through a bunch of words and still images taken out of context. *Patent pending* (Gimme a call OkCupid!! I got a lot of good ideas!!)
- When my friends read my profile they think it's me to a T, but then, they already know me. I can only imagine what someone thinks when they read this and don't know me. Hence, why we need to be able to post a little video about ourselves on this site. *Patent pending
- OkCupid clearly doesn't know how percentages work. Example: How can we be a 90% match but a 20% enemy? Or a 98% match and a 15% enemy? *Both actual figures I've come across*
- Why certain questions are dealbreakers over others (I usually arrive on time and that's a bad thing? Really? I'm the youngest child and that's a deciding factor in pursuing a relationship? Don't even get me started on the meaning of "wherefore"). Clearly, all of these things are super important when finding a compatible match, especially the questions that pose hypothetical situations.
- What constitutes "short term dating?"
-You made it this far and weren't turned off by any of the above information
-You got some of my humor that I flavored throughout this profile without me having to resort to using emoticons (or emojis, to use the parlance of our times) or saying 'lol' at the ends of sentences.
-You understood the 'parlance of our times' reference in the above blurb.
-You actually went through some of my questions (and my profile, for that matter).
-You want something serious.