I'm usually laid back, but can get pretty serious if the situation warrants it. I'm not outdoors type, but do spend a lot of my time outside walking places (Boston is a great walking-friendly city), and on the water in the summertime.
Other than that, I have no idea what to add here. I'm not really one to go on and on about myself, and really, you can only learn so much from an online profile anyway, right?
The rest of the time, I like to be out and about doing whatever comes to mind.
- saying inappropriate things
- getting parking spaces right out front almost every time
- reciting Denis Leary and George Carlin
- reciting historical facts randomly from the depths of my brain that even I didn't know I remembered
- determining what is and is not good whiskey and beer, and then being able to hold down tons of it
- various other things that I can't remember, but will when I'm nowhere near a computer making me unable to add them here
The Lord of the Rings (books and movies); Secret Window, Secret Garden (and its movie counterpart, Secret Window); Sin City, Gran Torino, The Insider, The Whole Nine Yards, Requiem for a Dream, Hollywoodland, just about any movie by the Cohen brothers, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Dog Day Afternoon, The Usual Suspects, most Woody Allen films, and the list goes on and on and on.
Fringe, Breaking Bad, Californication, Louie (other than this, I don't watch TV)
Music, just to name a few:
Alanis Morissette, Alice in Chains, BTO, Blue Öyster Cult, Blues Traveler, Cream, CCR, Crosby/Stills/Nash (and Young), Neil Young (and Crazy Horse), Dave Matthews Band, Tim Reynolds, Deep Purple, Dire Straits, ELO, Eric Clapton, Jethro Tull, Joe Cocker, Pink Floyd, Queen, REM, Robert Cray, Rolling Stones, Rush, Steely Dan (yes, a group named after a stap-on reference in a book), The Band, The Clash, The Who, Hendrix, Yes, and not to forget...the great Warren Zevon.
2) The feeling you get when a song you love comes on the radio and matches your day/mood/what your doing perfectly
3) A well made coffee first thing in the morning
4) Internet/Telephone - some way to stay in touch with the rest of the world
5) A good scotch
6) can't think of a sixth one now...maybe later
You do not use text speak unless your on a phone without a full keyboard...
and most importantly, if you want to. You've obviously made it down this far, somehow, and I commend you for it. If you are interested in learning more about the person behind this shitty profile, go for it.