I think that the way you view the world and the way you conduct yourself has a lot to do with perspective. It's easy to be negative about the world, but I generally choose not to be in my day-to-day life. I never go through a day without moments of genuine laughter, even if it's at my own expense. I also do my best to make everyday moments feel special and fun. I throw myself into experiences, even if I'm fairly certain it's something I'm not going to like, because it's way more fun to learn about something new and engage with it than it is to sulk and close your mind. I'm not 100% happy with where my life is at, and I'm sure my dreams will always be bigger than my reality, but I will always take what I have available and make it as fun, exciting, and interesting as I can.
TL;DR: if you value intelligence, enjoy a snarky wit, feel connected to a social consciousness, and frequently embrace your dorky side, we'll probably get along.
...Some of those might not be true, but you'd have to get to know me better to learn which ones.
In terms of personality, I've been described as witty. I have a vivid imagination and enjoy looking for ways that the world could be far less ordinary than it appears.
Movies: I pretty much just love movies in general. There isn't a genre that I won't watch. Horror movies are probably my favorite, though sometimes they really wig me out. It can take me a few starts and stops to get through a truly disturbing one.
Shows: I don't watch much TV on a regular basis. The shows that currently have their hooks in me on a weekly basis are Westworld, South Park, Real Time With Bill Maher, and The Exorcist.
Music: I listen to significantly more podcasts and audiobooks than I do music. When I am listening to music, my tastes usually fluctuate between punk/rock/metal, classical, and a little bit of pop.
Food: I love food. Eating is definitely a big hobby of mine, to the extent that I do it nearly every day. I got kind of exhausted trying to come up with my own recipes and meal plans each week, so now I do Blue Apron.
1) Community--In my mind, finding a harmonious relation between yourself, the people you encounter, and your environment is crucial for being at peace with your life.
2) Irreverence--I believe a certain amount of iconoclastic behavior is healthy and necessary to keep the world interesting and innovative. I have frequently been accused of being crass or offensive, but I believe strongly in keeping an open mind and an open dialogue. I dislike the idea that there are some topics that "just shouldn't be talked about;" I'm willing to have a conversation about anything. I do get passionate/heated about certain topics, though, particularly those involving social justice issues.
3) Art--This is a broad category, but generally speaking I think artistic endeavors have the ability to communicate in ways that aren't possible in day-to-day speech. I've found my own connection to this medium through music, but appreciate many kinds of art.
4) Imagination--When life is viewed in the most somber and serious of ways, it can often be boring and stale. I truly value the people who can turn mundane activities like "getting coffee" or "cooking dinner" or "going to work" into fun and uplifting experiences, and strive to do the same in my own life.
5) Curiosity--I'm always interested in exploring different facets of the world, and like to be around other like-minded people. I'm the type who can't go on a Wikipedia article without clicking all the extraneous links, and going on a learning adventure. I love being around people who can teach me something new!
6) Laughter--A day without laughter is a day wasted. I'm professional and mature when the situation calls for it, but at my core I'll always be goofy and socially awkward and quirky. Being around people who can find humor and joy in the world is important to me.
Needless to say, I'm probably not thinking about anything very important. Unless I just read an interesting article or listened to Radiolab.
I can't see who likes my profile, so if you read all the way down here and are still into it, shoot me a message!