- fairly progressive/Green politically w/a slight libertarian streak
- sorta kinda buddhist-ish
- try to assume goodwill (but really bad at it when i'm driving)
- autodidact-ic-ish-ish... ish... ish. (except in spelling)(but English is a living language, sooo... thppppt.)
addendum: aced the OKC Beatles' lyrics test in less than 4 minutes. you should totally get to know me.
- exploring inner spaces & psychology of communication
- fixing non-computer electrical & mechanical things
- sleeping in
- finding humour, inappropriately (and keeping it to myself)
- knowing without clicking which links go to the weird part of the internet
recent books: The Republican Brain; Conservatives w/out Conscience; Guns, Germs & Steel; 6 Great Scientists; Short History of Everything, Cold Days (F'ING AWESOME!!!)(Jim Butcher is god)(though if he could write as fast as i read? yeah, that'd be great)
book genres: history, current events, science, law, fantasy, sci-fi
movies: A Christmas Story, Payback, 3000 Miles to Graceland, Constantine, RHPS, Pi, Pulp Fiction, anything Pixar, Mars Attacks (Ackack ack ackackack ack), Maverick, Blade series, Underworld series, Matrix 1 & 2, Usual Suspects, Heat, Close Encounters, ET, anything Jay & Silent Bob, Contact, Galaxy Quest
movie genres: not a big horror/gore fan, other than that...
TV: MST3000, NCIS, Law & Order, Family Guy, Lie to Me, GG's, South Park, Burn Notice, White Collar, Justified, TDS/Colbert
(note: "reality" tv, i.e. Pawn Stars, Iron Chef, Holmes on Homes, Lockup, Cops, etc., really not my thing)(and probably cause cancer)
music styles: mostly rockabilly, psychobilly, punk, techno (trance, mostly) oldies & classic rock. Used to have an awesome classical music collection but just not into it anymore. Even Mozart's arias (which used to evoke tears)(go figure).
artists: yeahyeahyeah's, Babes In Toyland, The Donnas, The Meteors, Beck (both Jeff & Hansen), Electric 6, Hatepinks, Greenhornes, Jane's Addiction, Merle Haggard, Monkees, White Stripes, the Datsuns, Horrorprops, Fratellis,
Albums (not covered by above artists): Joshua Tree, 8 Arms to Hold You, Graceland, Jagged Lil' Pill, Bonk, Mezzanine, BloodSugarSexMagik, Peepshow, Superunknown
food: yes. oh, my f*cking god, yes.
- shortening my commute
- cracks in the wall; tunnels & bridges
- best dietary choices to maximize probability of the wipeless poo (yeah. i totally put that on a dating profile. me so edgy.)
- how the ellipsis has helped express aposiopesis for...
- i suck at board games
- my mom never breast fed me. she said she only liked me as a friend
- i love touristy places when nobody is around
- kinda' intimidated/awed by people who raise kids
- tho i appreciate gals w/stylistic flair & joie de vivre, my own fashion paradigm is murderously bo-ring. and not likely to change.
- if you have a need to strain tofu from your miso, a bushy 'stache is the way to go.
- i wish bidets were more common
- maybe i shoulda' found something to separate those last two...
- like long meandering drives (getting out of car not necessary)
- know and love The Teaching Company
- love ideas and are possessed of a sense of wonder at how our understanding of the universe is unfolding and impatiently curious for new discoveries
- have tried a bunch of different things in life but are pretty much done w/the drugs/booze/risking-jail part
- have an often inappropriate sense of humour (but a mature internal filter)
- like museums
- get a kick outta the internet, its culture & memes
- live & let live fares prominently in your ethos
- with god as your witness, you thought turkeys could fly
- put the 'viva' in 'viva la revolucion!'. anyone can revolucion; viva-ing takes passion and courage.