Anyway, I'm here because - contrary to my gender - I am not interested at all in shallow, short-term relationships. Obviously, trial and error is inevitable, but maybe questions and numbers and percents will make it easier to find a real connection?
Outside of that... In the past two years, I quit smoking, drastically improved my diet, moved to sweet-ass Fishtown, bumped up my income (twice!), found a bunch more time to hang with friends, AND knocked out a certification test. So, seems like what I'm doing is: motherfucking winning!
Next up: Get to the gym like even one time.
- Breaking Bad, Louie, It's Always Sunny, Seinfeld
- V for Vendetta, Sucker Punch, Inglorious Basterds, American Beauty
- Dune series, LoTR series, 1984, tons of nonfiction
- Braid, Fallout series, Metal Gear Solid series, Portal 1 & 2, Counterstrike series
- Buckethead, Mike Patton, Les Claypool, Kesha
- History of English podcast, Freakonomics, Free Thoughts from CATO, MBMBaM, WTF with Marc Maron
- Sushi, seafood, pasta, pizza, pierogies!
I'm always looking for new stuff, so recommend your favorites!
2. The Internet.
3. A to-do list. I have an entire screen of my phone dedicated to post-its!
4. Stuff to learn! Which then I use for #5...
5. Somebody asking for my advice. Maybe I have a need to be needed?
6. A cat in my lap. I definitely have a need to be kneaded.
For example, I've spent far too much time discussing and figuring out which guys I'd go gay for. So far, it's Hugh Laurie, Stephen Fry, David Mitchell, Mike Rowe, Gordon Ramsay, Sean "Day" Plott, Slash, Buckethead, Mike Patton, and Yoshida Tatsuya. If you recognize and love any of those people, let's fucking talk about it!
I've spent equal amounts of time deciding whether or not to start a politics podcast. It will probably happen... Maybe? Eventually?
- I'm probably watching a documentary on NetFlix...
- Or over a friend's drinking Yards and playing some sort of party or board game retelling classic, embarrassing stories...
- Or, more rarely, at a bar with friends causing trouble by monopolizing the TouchTunes to play Journey back to back to back like the white trash that we are.
One thing is guaranteed: Everyone's smiling!
But seriously, ask me anything. I'm an open book and I hate small talk, so hit me!