I'm pretty chill about things; when with people I like to plan out things but when by myself or with family/close friends I feel fine just hanging out without a plan for the day. I normally am Myers Briggs INFP and occassionally flip to the other side. I like being in groups, but don't necessarily need to say much. But I also like time by myself.
I like learning new things and getting better at them. I recently took classes in guitar and sewing :).
My interests are a mix - government/politics, things international, food, fashion, faith.
For Okcupid, I actually would prefer to be friends first rather than necessarily deciding right away on whether or not to date. I find that its easier for me to be forward and honest with people I've served on some volunteer org, etc. with or done stuff together with before.
This past year I spent a good amount of time in China for work and visited a lot of neat cities - Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Jiaxing, etc.
- Finding (and going to) good restaurants on Yelp
- Sharing thoughts on the intersection of faith and everday life
- Trying new things
- Being flexible
- The Last Emperor
- The Road Home
- Other indie, foreign, or documentaries
- I'm kinda picky with my entertainment actually. Some stuff is a bit too trashy on TV I think.
- Mostly anything, but particularly Chinese, Turkish/Mediterranean, Asian, Spanish, Indian
A listening ear,
One of my good friends observed that in couples, values around money and career often are important areas of compatibility - I've added in faith as well, so below are my values/views on the topics:
- God is important to me.
- My background comes from a variety of Christian backgrounds - I grew up in a conservative evangelical church, went to two Christian high schools, one with a fundamentalist background, the other with a very diverse background. I was exposed to things of the Holy Spirit throughout. I hold some beliefs closely although the venn diagram of my belief seems to be uncommon.
- I am "high/low" - I prefer to spend for value, not always for "brand"; but if there is something nice that is worth it, I can buy it
- E.g. I like buying from Walmart and Daiso Japan, but also will buy nice shirts
- I like going to hole in the wall places, I feel comfortable in restaurants in the Mission, SF Chinatown, ethnic strip malls, etc. But I feel comfortable going to Napa once in a while and trying cool wineries.
Career / Family
- I'd like to have kids and raise them up in a God-centered, Bible-believing home.