Let's go for a walk along the waterfront, wander around Discovery Park, make ceramic pottery, fold paper animals, try this paddle boarding thing, see the PacSci LEGO art exhibit/EMP Star Trek exhibit, or just share a sweet beverage and talk about what we want out of life.
So I'm here: (where are you?)
Good job ✅
No debt ✅
Enjoying time single with friends ✅
Reducing stuff load 🔃
Looking for love ⌛
tldr: curious, contemplative, calm under pressure, optimistic, reader, drawer, hiker, piano player, coder, left-handed, only child, quiet but not dull, ambitious but not aggressive, not athletic but fit, not overly attached, affable, wise, s-m-r-t, Oregonian/Texan/Washingtonian.
interests: languages, typography, math, fractals, psychology, photography, drawing, music theory, biology, genealogy, hiking.
motivations: building, knowledge, auditory/visual aesthetics, puzzle solving.
"Ah, The NGWJHMTRGYAHRWPWSLAHWTPE. The NGWJHMTRGYAHRWPWSLAHWTPE is enjoying his life. He likes his job, he likes his friends, and he likes being single just fine. He’s in no rush to be in a relationship and feels totally confident that at some point, he’ll meet the right girl and get married."
visited: much of the Puget Sound, half the states, Mexico, Canada, Spain, Italy, and Japan. Would like to see Australia, Ireland, and Germany.
things tried: paragliding, hot yoga (2016-08-11), flyboarding, various nearby geeky conventions
things untried: skydiving, paddleboarding
• Playing piano (started age 9, but rusty now - my Roland must feel neglected).
• Figuring out how things work, especially spatial puzzles.
• Handwriting (others are always surprised when they see my signature on a restaurant receipt).
• Being oblivious to signs that she is attracted to me.
✍🎨art - art nouveau, pixel art, ⓐⓢⓒⓘⓘ art
▤books - Sigh, I've got 62 that I need to get rid of and at least 40 that I need to read. I don't have time to date!... Click the Magic of Connections, Origami for the Enthusiast.
♨food - chocolate&coconut, not coffee&durian
☺humor - benign violations of expectation
"Immanuel doesn't pun; he Kant."
"Veridian Dynamics - we make your life better... usually"
A good paraprosdokian or antanaclasis usually brings a smile.
♫music - harmony+rhythm+emotion
Lindsey Stirling, Loreena McKennit, Enigma, Delirium, Juno Reactor, Shpongle, Infected Mushroom, Bond, David Garrett, Yanni, Tiësto, Parov Stelar, Koji Kondo, Nobuo Uematsu, Hiroki Kikuta, Rammstein, [x]-Rx, Nightwish, Faun, John Williams, Danny Elfman, Hans Zimmer
🎹 instruments - piano, violin, pennywhistle.
☆shows - scifi/fantasy/witty comedy. I don't have any regular shows, but will burn through a season now and then.
Person of Interest, Better Off Ted, 3rd Rock from the Sun, Big Bang Theory, Castle, Burn Notice, Chuck, Star Trek TNG, FireFly, Stargate SG-1, Battlestar Galactica, Babylon 5, Doctor Who, Gargoyles, Mushishi, Monster, Kino's Journey, Cowboy Bebop
☽movies - scifi/adventure/fantasy (but I enjoy all kinds)
Stardust, 13th Floor, Mummy Returns, How To Train Your Dragon, Gattaca, Equilibrium, Spirited Away, Inception, Jurassic Park, Star Trek (4 & 11), Moulin Rouge, Hitch, Liar Liar, Bolt, Despicable Me, Wreck-It Ralph, Amélie
♘games - exploration and puzzle solving (mostly older ones)
Zelda, Chrono Trigger, Mario RPG, Tales of Symphonia, Metroid
• interesting people - show me new things
• little creations I've made - past drawings/programs
• some form of static media - my books and magazines
• some form of interactive media - games and shows
• internet - how else are you supposed to answer your burning random questions such as the world record for the longest hair or biggest collection of Daleks?
How to find more of my kind, kindred who aren't socially awkward, overly opinionated, or lack any sense of adventure. Where are needles in this huge haystack? As much as I dislike being on stage, maybe I should take up some hobby that facilitates meeting more at once. It's a lot of effort to read hundreds of profiles. Sigh, maybe I should have asked for the email address of the cute Japanese girl who walked up to me at the hotel by Lake Kawaguchi and politely asked for my photo because I "have very pretty eyes", or the random girl who yelled out "hey, you're really sexy" on my street? Weird, wtf, I never get compliments like that, yet in the past month... Alas, I more often hear I'm "quite cute" which isn't as inspiring as hearing I'm "handsome".
Why is it that people who are "out-of-phase" in all those scifi episodes don't fall through the floor? (among other unsettled plot holes) Why google advertises liposuction to me of all people when there are plenty of Inuits in need of good ice cubes? Add to that dozens of topics that pique my interest over time.
Motivations behind other's actions, and my own. No, really: http://pikensoft.com/temp/motivations.txt
Je ne sais quoi... and why dating websites fail to capture it thus far. Maybe I need to create my own to solve this matching problem >_<... How do you know someone is worth the effort of getting to know them, even if just as a friend? What return on investment you can expect? Wouldn't it be awesome if you could somehow just know someone immediately without all the 'getting to know' them time?
• Cringes around hypodermic needles. Circus clowns are pretty scary too. Though, the number 13 is quite lucky.
• Was red-haired as infant until it darkened. Still sinister as ever though (left-handed).
• M&M's are eaten as follows: brown, orange, red, yellow, green, blue.
• My oldest known ancestor is Jonathan Andrew Tierce, born ~1745 in Ireland, and my initials are that of an American President (Yes, the dead one. No, the other dead one).
• Never too old for cartoons (series or movies).
• Don't play with them anymore, but I still have every one of my LEGO's.
• Hate the sound of my voice. Not sexy >_<.
• I danċe to the lively music when no one else is looking (care to sing to Haiducii Dragostea din tei with me? It's seriously happier than any song should be).
• I do not have IED, LFT, Münchausen syndrome, OCPD, Self-Abasement, or Asperger's Syndrome, and I definitely don't have hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia, or else it would have taken all my courage just to finish typing that last word!
• I won't waste my time or yours with lies that you'd find out anyway after meeting, and the truth is a heck of a lot easier to remember!
If you live in Bellevue, Seattle, Kirkland, or Redmond, let's meet for a light investment date, no kissing, no nervousness, just trying something fun you've never tried before - share a hobby with me or learn one yourself.
Otherwise, bon voyage, and enjoy some links...
• What it looks like when I receive a message first: http://imgur.com/gallery/vxKOi
• Answer the OKC questions in ways that improve your match percentages: http://okcupid-guide.livejournal.com/4316.html
• Why online dating leaves neither side satisfied (more is less): http://www.ted.com/talks/barry_schwartz_on_the_paradox_of_choice.html
• brief LEGO LoTR word-play humor http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnXGFkoMQ_k
• some beautiful choir music http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7a2u9v0V0c
• being everything at once http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB2MBop0cLo.
• a commercial with inspiring music that makes you want to travel http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqsTqiBrPZQ.
• have I mentioned that I love Faun's music? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U10ftE4XQvo
• and my website, devoted to random musings and old retro video game utilities (http://pikensoft.com/) which will turn away most of you, but perhaps appeal to the precious few.
• Dog goes woof, cat goes meow, bird goes tweet, mouse goes squeak...