1. Originally from Chicago, I have lived in Atlanta, NYC, Rome, London and San Francisco.
2. I love to have a good time, so whether we're in line at the Post Office or just laying around listening to music, I'll make it fun.
3. I turned 40 recently and it felt really good. I'm a young 41...and that's for real in the sense that I am 43 (no fibbing here) and am all the best things about 43: Experience=wisdom, confidence, patience, etc.. I'm a lot more fun now than when I was 25 because I'm more physically and emotionally fit.
4. I dislike the expression "settling down." I feel like I'm just getting started in some ways, and am looking forward to making a home with the right man and creating a family, too. Naturally or adopting (kids and dogs).
5. I'm super loyal, honest, reliable and loving...like chocolate lab in a dress. Will I jump up and down when you come through the door after a long day? I just might. But don't worry, I'll play it cool if your friends are around.
SIX MOST IMPORTANT QUALITIES I'M LOOKING FOR IN MAN:
Funny, kind, genuine, grounded, honest...and hot, steamy passion between the sheets (EYEBROW WIGGLE).
I'm a freelance copywriter in advertising. (But I'm a lot nicer than most of them...usually.) Am destined for something much greater. Some other area of storytelling/writing probably. Stay tuned...
I practice yoga three times a week and am working on a regular meditation schedj, too.
Eating anything that's not nailed down. See at least one movie in the theatre a week and way too many more on Netflix. During the warmer months I love leaving even for a day trip hike. Drinks with friends. I walk everywhere. I need more live music in my life, so if you're into that even better.
Books: Barrel Fever (Sedaris), Time Traveler's Wife (Niffenegger), The Fountainhead (Rand), Still Life with Woodpecker (Robbins)
Movies: Amelie, The Science of Sleep, Her, Ruby Sparks, Manhattan, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Punch Drunk Love, Annie Hall, La Vie en Rose, The Last Watz
Drinks: (Wine) Montepulciano d'Abruzzo, Tamarack Firehouse Red and Luzon Verde (Bourbon) Bulleit, (Coffee) Grady's Cold Brew or I make my own with Toby's Estate Woolloomooloo
TV: "30 Rock", "Peep Show", "The IT Crowd"
Other: Charlie Brooker's column
2. Deep belly laughs
4. Pacific Ocean
6. Music and movies
Yoga. Dinner and a movie. A nice glass of wine with friends.
GOSH YOUR CHEST IS HAIRY AND YOU SURE ARE NICE TO ME!
(Or, here comes the bit about who I'm looking for)
PLEASE STOP, YOU'RE MAKING MY STOMACH HURT
I love to laugh and would expect us to do a lot of that. Without that it doesn't matter how hot you are (even if you're like a sculpted Fireman with olive skin, a five o'clock shadow and have the greatest Labrador ever).
WHAT DOES THAT WORD MEAN?
I like smart, quick-witted guys who sometimes use words I have to look up.
YOU CAN TELL ME ANYTHING
I like a guy who thinks emotional intimacy is one of the most important (and fun!) parts of a relationship.
OH LET THE SUN BEAT DOWN UPON MY FACE, STARS TO FILL MY DREAM
Let's go on lots of road trips together and turn the radio up really loud. Hiway 1 would be IDEAL, but anywhere out west could be good. Or if you're short on time, let's zip upstate for a one day adventure in the fresh green air.
HERE, TASTE THIS. IS IT BAD?
I've only recently started to learn to cook. I'm super excited about eating delicious food that makes me feel strong, energized and happy.
DO YOU HAVE A MINT?
I'm a very affectionate kinda lady. I love giving and receiving hugs and kisses for no reason.
DON'T BE LATE OR YOU'LL MISS THE DHARMA TALK
Yoga is both a physical and a spiritual practice for me and I'm a much happier, compassionate person since finding it. Whatever you do to stay balanced, fit and happy is your business...please just do something.
LLOYD DOBLER RUINED EVERYTHING
As far as my "type", reviewing the men who've knocked the wind out of me (romantically), they all look different. Generally speaking, I like a "regular" guy more than an over-styled metrosexual any day. A nice guy with an edge is surprisingly hard to find. I'll take something in a "Paul Rudd" please.
BUT ENOUGH ABOUT ME, WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT ME?
Guys, can I be honest? When you go on these internet "dates" ASK THE GIRL QUESTIONS. Of course I love a man who's full of interesting stories, and could write a 20 minute dissertation about wheat bread. But a little curiosity shot towards my side of the table goes a long way. It's just good manners.