I love the outdoors, and feeling the sun on my body makes me happy. Hiking, backpacking, bicycle riding, kayaking the Bay, beach visits! An east coast transplant, I have a little house near the Mission in SF and have fallen hard for the vibrancy and diversity of the neighborhood. The live-and-let-live ethic I found in the Bay Area has been liberating.
I value articulate wit, discerning observations, emotional intelligence, and a sense of fairness. I enjoy art in all forms. I like getting underneath an issue and exposing its realness.
I see live music whenever possible. I play some guitar and bass and I’m usually humming a song stuck in my head.
My parents are immigrants (my dad is German, my mom Colombian) so I've had some exposure to other cultures. I need more travel in my life!
While I'm a "nice" guy, dress and act the part, I have a little bit of an edge, and I'm attracted to some radical opinions. I like a dose of irony and quietly bristle at excessive BS. I enjoy truth revealed! I empathize with the underdog and don't easily tolerate unfairness. But I have good manners! I’m a respectful hedonist, GGG (thanks Dan), and naturally gravitate toward enjoying and giving pleasure.
I have a strong romantic side and I'm cautiously looking for a soul mate, confidant, life partner. I'm also open to less serious relationships if that's what the cards hold for now. I'm fun to be with, caring, intellectual, and playful. Let's get out and have some fun together!
I have a nicely amicable relationship with my ex and split time 50/50 with our 13 year old boy. We have worked hard to stay respectful and support each other. This has paid giant dividends in our kid’s well-being and self-confidence.
Picking up a tune
Laughing at sharp wit (or just laughing)
Intentionally getting lost, then finding my way back
* I like movies and don't see nearly enough. Lean more toward independent and documentaries. I love Stanley Kubrick movies.
* Music, too difficult to be very specific. Pixies to the Beatles and all in-between. Playing some bluegrass and folk lately. ANYTHING live.
* Like everyone, I'm trying to cook/eat more fresh and organic. I love most foods. Will eat good sushi or sashimi anytime!
* Music projects
* Staying on the bucking bronco that is my job
* How to be a bigger person
* Why many people vote against their own self-interest